• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Whacked in Wyoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC's "flyboy" rant was a year ago & he was suspended for a game. Wyoming pounded Air Force this year (as did most teams)

His firing probably had more to do with going 27-35 over a 5 year span as head coach, but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Last edited:
I thought Wyo would be better, I thought Romney would smoke Obama, I thought Stanford would take USC to the woodshed and I thought Nebraska would go undefeated.

Please don't anybody ask me for gambling advice.

I thought Wyo would be better, I thought Romney would smoke Obama, I thought Stanford would take USC to the woodshed and I thought Nebraska would go undefeated.

Please don't anybody ask me for gambling advice.

Fair enough!

I would like to wager that we'll be seeing more of the same next year from Bo.

One of the best post-game rants ever. Who could ever forget him calling the Air Force coach "Mr. Howdy F***ing Doody" on Military Appreciation Night.

DC's "flyboy" rant was a year ago & he was suspended for a game.

One of the best post-game rants ever. Who could ever forget him calling the Air Force coach "Mr. Howdy F***ing Doody" on Military Appreciation Night.

Howdy Doody has always been one of my favorites!! Christianson was just showing his appreciation of that great character.

Who were all the posters that predicted Wyoming would go 8-4 or 9-3 this season? Well, their 5-7 season (I predicted 6-6) just cost their coach his job:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10064550/wyoming-cowboys-fire-coach-dave-christensen

I am standing up to be counted.... I really thought Wyoming was going to be a very decent team and give fits to the top dogs in the MWC.... after the Air Force blowout I was even more encouraged and my wallet was a little fatter... they proceeded to drain my wallet a bit with a schizo loss to Texas State... at least I thought it was a schizo loss...turns out they just were not gelling as a team and it only got worse.

I was off on this one... and Auburn apparerntly but I still think they are playing on borrowed time and Mizzou will expose them a bit...

Was not surprised in the least . . . posted as such during the Wyo game. Not sure where some folks got the "Brett Smith for Heisman" love from, but they really have not been a very good team for awhile. Smith is a "nice" QB with some decent dual-threat capabilities, but I think there was a lot of grasping for straws during that game that Wyo was really good and we weren't that bad. Thankfully the defense found it's way to a significant degree as the season wore on.

The bloom was fully off the Wyo rose when CSU absolutely boat raced them in Laramie. CSU is bowl eligible this year, btw . . . not sure anyone will pick them up to play but it's the first time we've been eligible since 2009. Stealing McElwain from Bama was a huge score.

:Biggrin:

Tim Beck gets his HC gig at Wyoming.

Pelini hires Dave Christensen to replace Beck.

Last edited:

This might not be a bad strategy on Bo's part. Christensen is as big of a, or maybe even bigger, hothead than Bo, so it may deflect some of the attention away from Bo's blow-ups. ;)

Pelini hires Dave Christensen to replace Beck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back