• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Welcome Kendall Coley, 2021 SG

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Great Article on Kendall Coley, 2021 Commit! :thumbsup:

“It really was down to two schools I really enjoyed, and I ended up picking Nebraska because I felt like that was the right place for me,” Coley said of her recent commitment to Amy Williams’ Husker women’s basketball program.
Coley’s senior season hasn’t started yet. She’s a 2021 shooting guard, the 32nd overall prospect in the class and the No. 2 wing player in the country. At 6-foot-2, she can do just about anything you ask on the floor. But Minnesota called recently to tell her with some moving pieces on their board, namely the transfer of Kayla Mershon, they weren’t sure if they’d still have a spot for Coley.

“I kind of want to make a decision now,” she told her dad, Tylor (who coaches her AAU team), “because I don’t want anybody to take my scholarship.”
Nebraska could have something special.

Tylor: "I just remember it’s overtime and we’re up two points, and they run an inbounds play and Kendall comes, they throw it in to her, and she pulls up for about a… geez I’ve got to say a 25-footer. And I’m like, ‘Dude, we’re winning, what are you doing?’ I can’t believe she shot the ball.” (It went in!)
Tylor’s coaching side of his brain was working. Hold the ball and they have to foul.

“Dude, I felt it,” Kendall told him after.
One of Nebraska’s road blocks in recent years has been the absence of a truly dominant playmaker. Someone the Huskers can turn to for a guaranteed bucket in the fourth quarter. Brown was becoming that. Coley could very well be that, but both she and her father agree her best attribute is her passing.

“Kendall’s a pure shooter, I mean, she can shoot the ball with the best of ‘em, but she passes on taking shots to make sure everybody’s involved in the game,” Tylor added.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back