• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Weird Season in Lincoln says Dienhart

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a weird season given all the off the field drama. The consistent 9-4 season, yet coupled with consistent sliding in the rankings is sort of like the person who continues making the same hourly wage each year, but, due to inflation slips behind in real earning power. (ok, odd analogy). At some point NU simply has to win a greater proportion of "big" and meaningful games.

Good analogy!

He actually seemed to use two words to describe the season "weird" and "amazing"...I think "standard" or "normal" fits better.

I agree. I think this and last season are the new norm. Makes for a more fulfilling season if you enjoy living and dying every game. I do expect mostly tight exciting games going forward where comebacks and late minute heroics are needed plus sprinkle in some of Bo's special charm.

Not a knock, just where we are. Need to break through the gray area before I would think differently. I feel NU is like Michigan State or Clemson during the 2000's (in their winning seasons) and we need to get where they are now.

And BTW, I think NU is getting their 9th win in the Gator.

Last edited:

The fans have embraced second place instead of demanding better. We are now stuck in a 9 wins ground hog day scenario and the consequences are going to be with us for a long long time. Bo aint going nowhere and he surely deserves being dumped. The mediocrity Peddy talked about is here and he is the one who started it the great slide. As long as Bo is in charge, every year will be gound hog days for Nebraska. Get used to it.....sorry, you guys that spew the 9 win crap are already there.

The fans have embraced second place instead of demanding better. We are now stuck in a 9 wins ground hog day scenario and the consequences are going to be with us for a long long time. Bo aint going nowhere and he surely deserves being dumped. The mediocrity Peddy talked about is here and he is the one who started it the great slide. As long as Bo is in charge, every year will be gound hog days for Nebraska. Get used to it.....sorry, you guys that spew the 9 win crap are already there.
Actually Solich started it and it never left and never will as long as we keep up this facade that Osborne knows anything about picking coaches, he clearly doesn't

Actually Solich started it and it never left and never will as long as we keep up this facade that Osborne knows anything about picking coaches, he clearly doesn't

T.O picked the Anti-Osborne as his current coach, and then endorses him after his anti-osborne behaviors with his players, the officials and the fanbase. Weird.

And that isn't even mentioning the losses to double digit underdogs at home, failure to beat ranked opposition, and losses to unranked teams.

Strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back