• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wednesday's game canceled, on account of bad weather

I think this works better for us anyway….

Gives us a chance to rest and re-shuffle our pitching and work on fixing some of the negatives that have been going on.

Concentrate on going after Michigan all out.

Do well in conference play and the season is certainly salvageable.

I’m really hoping they turn this around.

GBR!

We really don't have anything to gain for our resume by playing SDSU. Their RPI is about the same as ours (175 vs 178).

It was more impactful having the entire 3-game series against Long Beach State cancelled.

The series against Michigan this weekend will be huge. At least the temperatures will cooperate. And it looks dry. But Friday will be quite windy in Lincoln for game one (NNW wind 20-25 MPH with gusts 30-40 MPH). Less wind for Saturday and Sunday.

The series against Michigan this weekend will be huge.
Beyond huge…

It looks to me like Michigan and Iowa, maybe Maryland are kind of the best in the Big Ten. But I don’t know if that means a darn thing because everybody seems to be about the same….pretty darn average.

A good showing against Michigan I think restores some confidence.

Historically we play Michigan tough at home and that’s good….but if they go out there and get their clocks cleaned….at home…it’s going to be….bad.

If they’re not used to the wind on their home field by now, they just aren’t going to be. Maybe it’ll affect Michigan more than us.

Here’s hoping!

All I can do is cheer them on and if it happens, great! If not, I’ll curse a few times, probably stub my toe on something kicking it, and then go play with my two very young granddaughters. That always cheers grandpa up!

Beyond huge…

It looks to me like Michigan and Iowa, maybe Maryland are kind of the best in the Big Ten. But I don’t know if that means a darn thing because everybody seems to be about the same….pretty darn average.

A good showing against Michigan I think restores some confidence.

Historically we play Michigan tough at home and that’s good….but if they go out there and get their clocks cleaned….at home…it’s going to be….bad.

If they’re not used to the wind on their home field by now, they just aren’t going to be. Maybe it’ll affect Michigan more than us.

Here’s hoping!

All I can do is cheer them on and if it happens, great! If not, I’ll curse a few times, probably stub my toe on something kicking it, and then go play with my two very young granddaughters. That always cheers grandpa up!

Sports have a habit of letting us down. It's just the nature of sports. But granddaughters -- you'll always win with them. :)

The good news, Griffin Everitt had a wonderful week! :)

1648135300638.png

Everitt Named Co-Big Ten Player of the Week​

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back