• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Weather & Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

redpine

Recruit
5 Year Member
There seems to always be a lot of emphasis on the "weather factor" in recruiting. Well this year before anyone can get to the warm confines of the Death Star in Dallas they'll need to run the gauntlet of classic outdoor statiums in the rust belt. The playoff forcasts:

Green Bay @ Chicago (Soldier Field); 20 degrees (high), 14 degrees(low), 20% chance of snow;

New York @ Pittsburgh (Heinz Field); 16 degrees (high), 7 degrees (low), 30% chance of snow;

Lincoln (Sunday); 10 degrees (high), 6 degrees (low), 30% chance of snow;

Lincoln seems like a good place to spend four or five years getting ready for the playoffs.

I've always thought the weather thing was sort of funny....some kids run from playing in places like Lincoln, NE, to end up playing in the NFL in Buffalo, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New York, Chicago, Minnesota and Philly to name a few....but its their choice....sooner or later though as you said the rust belt will greet you if your good enough to play in the "show"....oh and there is the CFL for many too....:)

big difference btw playing a couple of games during the year and living there year round. When I lived in Tampa I loved coming back to Nebraska during the winter because I knew it was only for a few days.

big difference btw playing a couple of games during the year and living there year round. When I lived in Tampa I loved coming back to Nebraska during the winter because I knew it was only for a few days.

Not so sure this is the same. For those of us who've grown up in a cold climate I think we forget how much of an impact, at least mentally, it has on folks who never really deal with it. I think playing in at a cold weather school would better prepare you to deal with the cold if and when you end up at a franchise like Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Buffalo, or New York. I realize these are professionals, but I've just seen a lot of people from warm weather areas with real issues about the cold.

Not so sure this is the same. For those of us who've grown up in a cold climate I think we forget how much of an impact, at least mentally, it has on folks who never really deal with it. I think playing in at a cold weather school would better prepare you to deal with the cold if and when you end up at a franchise like Chicago, Green Bay, Minnesota, Buffalo, or New York. I realize these are professionals, but I've just seen a lot of people from warm weather areas with real issues about the cold.

I agree with you -- but I just don't think 17-18 year old high school kids are using this same thought process. They may very well be dreaming about the NFL one day -- but they aren't examining the weather potential. In the short-term, they only worry about the weather they will be dealing with in their school of choice (and many are "babies" when it comes to dealing with cold).

I agree with you -- but I just don't think 17-18 year old high school kids are using this same thought process. They may very well be dreaming about the NFL one day -- but they aren't examining the weather potential. In the short-term, they only worry about the weather they will be dealing with in their school of choice (and many are "babies" when it comes to dealing with cold).

True enough. Some people have real issues with the cold, or at least they've convinced themselves that they can't handle it. My inlaws live in Tampa, they won't set foot in Maine until August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back