• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked We are lucky Drake Martinez is coming to our program...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it speaks volumes of Taylor and his commitment to Nebraska to have his brother come here. Considering how rough the media has been, how awful so many of us can be from time to time, it really says a lot that he would let his own flesh and blood sign up for the same program. I just wanted to say thumbs up to both of them and that I think its great for the program. :thumbsup:

Agree completely, well said RajjyP.

He looks very good in the film I have seen on him. Fast to the ball and a hard hitter. Good luck and welcome Drake!!

I think it speaks volumes of Taylor and his commitment to Nebraska to have his brother come here. Considering how rough the media has been, how awful so many of us can be from time to time, it really says a lot that he would let his own flesh and blood sign up for the same program. I just wanted to say thumbs up to both of them and that I think its great for the program. :thumbsup:

Nice post... I look for DMart to make a nice name for himself at NU... You gotta love Tmart's toughness for sure...

Drake came to NU because of the support that the staff gave his brother. Let's not act as if Taylor came in with the nation expecting him to be a record breaking QB. The local schools weren't even offering him at QB regardless of him winning the "Glenn Davis Award" as a senior (Matt Barkley of USC won it the previous year I believe). Hell, he only chose NU because we promise him a chance to play at QB, but even when he arrived we threw him in at WR on the scout team. Taylor was highly flawed as a QB but an elite athlete, thus the ridicule came. Some times too much, but it was warranted given what he was being asked to do and he either couldn't or he had trouble doing it consistently. But regardless of all of the ridicule, the staff, and most importantly, his head coach, had his back. That was the respect that was obvious to Drake and his family. Why wouldn't you want to play for a coach like that.

Again, welcome Drake, I look forward to you leaving your print on the huskers also.

Last web page I read said he was 6'2" 220lbs with a 4.4 40. That's a prototypical saftey. Some older ones have him between 185-200. But I think the 220 is newer. Anyone else know for sure?

Speed is said to be in the 4.3 range and 6'2", 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back