• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #23 (L, 60-76), @ IOWA, Thu, 2/6 @ 6:30 PM CT, BTN+ (& Game Thread)

Final Stats: Post-season disappearing as we speak, but then again I really didn't expect us to win. :Redface:

1581042146809.png

Yori recruit Kathleen Doyle gets a double-double: 15 pints, and a school record 15 assists. Consequences of Shawn’s folly hits us right between the eyes. Never in the history of college athletics has anyone gotten paid more for less.

Once again, a putrid third quarter and we fade out of the game. Outscored 22-13 in the quarter. Giving up 22 in a quarter is an 88 point game pace. Not sure what was going on with Eleily, one of her worst games that I can recall. We're still on the edge of a tournament berth if we can somehow right the ship. The B1G is a tough conference likely to get 9 or 10 teams in.

This game and the end of Ohio State shows we have a severe lack of aggressiveness and sense of urgency in tight spots. Once the third starting getting away I would have liked to see some fire and intensity to try and get back in it. Instead most, not all, of the ladies had deer in headlights looks and we stuck with long developing plays and confusion. I know this is a part of being younger but it is coachable. Leigha Brown is the only one I saw that physically stepped up late.

Last edited:

This game and the end of Ohio State shows we have a severe lack of aggressiveness and sense of urgency in tight spots. Once the third starting getting away I would have liked to see some fire and intensity to try and get back in it. Instead most, not all, of the ladies had deer in headlights looks and we stuck with long developing plays and confusion. I know this is a part of being younger but it is coachable. Leigha Brown is the only one I saw that physically stepped up late.

This is all part of Eichorst's grand plan. He detested Yori's old school approach of long, hard practices, recruiting of hard nosed kids and anything leading to toughness, aggressiveness, player leadership and accountability, and the like. He chased a world full of tulips, rainbows, and unicorns. So 4 years into it we have gone from a top level program respected around the nation to a bottom half of the league team scraping to make the NIT. Without much hope of improvement on the horizon.

This is all part of Eichorst's grand plan. He detested Yori's old school approach of long, hard practices, recruiting of hard nosed kids and anything leading to toughness, aggressiveness, player leadership and accountability, and the like. He chased a world full of tulips, rainbows, and unicorns. So 4 years into it we have gone from a top level program respected around the nation to a bottom half of the league team scraping to make the NIT. Without much hope of improvement on the horizon.

I actually like Amy Williams and her passion on the sidelines. She was the only hire of Eichorst's that I thought was good out of the gate. I got sucked into Miles., great guy but not so much as a game day coach and very unproven at the upper level.

Williams brought in some good recruits the last two classes and got very lucky with Katie Cain. Bourne is getting better every game, Haiby and Brown will be very good the next couple seasons. Brady looks like she could be a good one too. Getting a solid 3 pt shooter back in Kissenger should pay off, we are really missing that this season with Whitish our only true long shooter.

Watching Doyle play well against us hurt though. She was ours until the Yori change. :(

I actually like Amy Williams and her passion on the sidelines. She was the only hire of Eichorst's that I thought was good out of the gate. I got sucked into Miles., great guy but not so much as a game day coach and very unproven at the upper level.

Williams brought in some good recruits the last two classes and got very lucky with Katie Cain. Bourne is getting better every game, Haiby and Brown will be very good the next couple seasons. Brady looks like she could be a good one too. Getting a solid 3 pt shooter back in Kissenger should pay off, we are really missing that this season with Whitish our only true long shooter.

Watching Doyle play well against us hurt though. She was ours until the Yori change. :(

I like Amy also, but I doubt she ends up getting it done. It really was a reach by Eichorst. We were a blue blood program then, and could have attracted a top level proven coach. Amy had coached a couple of years at South Dakota. Neither she nor anyone on her staff had ever coached or recruited a single day at a Power 5 school. This is the big leagues. We had it, and due to Shawn's world view, we blew it up. Once you lose it, it's hard to get back. Perhaps we still can due to our fan support and facilities. But Moos isn't going to tolerate mediocrity and bottom half conference finishes for long.

I appreciate the names you mention, but there aren't enough of them, and we really lack speed, quickness and athleticism. We are falling behind in recruiting vs. other Big 10 teams. You can have all the passion on the sidelines in the world, but if you don't have the athletes to rebound and play defense, it ain't gonna matter.

Hope I'm wrong and it gets turned around, but I don't see the depth of talent necessary to accomplish it.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back