• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Watching Army….

The military academies can only recruit players that are smart and have demostrated outstanding citizenship imo. There's select few football players that meet the requirements and standards imposed on going to school at the service academies. I always root for the outstanding young men that play for Army, Navy and AF.
I only wish the marines had a football team pal, talk about smash mouth football!

Last edited:

The military academies can only recruit players that are smart and have demostrated outstanding citizenship imo. There's select few football players that meet the requirements and standards imposed on going to school at the service academies. I always root for the outstanding young men that play for Army, Navy and AF.
Opposed to the SEC where all they have to do is spell NIL, pal.

Last edited:

AF shared four RB's (actually 8 guys) against Utah St .... 110yds (BurK), 106 (Michel), 58 (Eldridge) and 56 (Larrier). Also previous mention, fly boys D allowed only 54yds total rushing

Last edited:

I root for all three every week. Favorite game of the year for me is always Army-Navy.

And...........no hair hanging down to their waist either!

Last edited:

We could win without the forward pass. Lots of team used to win that way.

Man I usually agree with a lot you say, but you’re wrong here. It wouldn’t work or others would use it plain and simple. You old guys hold on to the past for way too long. Triple option football is dead. Leave it there.
Not that old brotha. If you transplanted 1997 Nebraska into 2023, they would be one of the best teams in the country. The physicality of that style, with great athletes, would run over these finesse teams of today. It’s not sexy enough, or what the NFL likes, but it’s highly effective. The defense that went along side it was plenty NFL ready. Loads of OL went on to have long careers in the NFL. QB and WR are the only positions where you just put in some undersized athletes.

I mean… most of the old Nebraska offenses were power running with option mixed in. Our QBs only ran it 8-12 times a game.

We were just willing to run it 60-70 times total with 7-8 guys getting carries if it was working. That’s really the big difference as far as I can tell. It’s working right now, with this team, this year. We’re just not doing it enough.

There's no reason that a power option attack can't work these days. All you need is a top 10 defense, a 5 star QB, elite RBs, and a "supplement" enhanced 2-deep OL filled with All-Americans. Easy peasy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back