• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Washut's Thoughts on Nebrasketball

Ellis Boyd Redding

Varsity
10 Year Member
Robin Washut's thoughts after taking in two practices. Here are just a few samples, but you have to click the link for the full story. Some good stuff.

I'm telling you guys, Glynn Watson is going to be special by the time he's done here

One of the big questions regarding freshman Edward Morrow coming out of high school was whether he would be physically able to hold his own in the paint against the size and strength of the Big Ten. Having seen him practice twice now, I have almost zero concerns about that... once he gets that Big Ten strength paired with his already Big Ten-ready hustle and fearlessness, he is going to be a beast.

All the hype about Andrew White is legit. Like I mentioned in my Nebrasketball nuggets piece on Wednesday, I watched him drain 62 3-pointers in a span of five minutes. When he gets hot, he's as good of a shooter as I've seen at NU. What I've been even more impressed with though is how active he is on the glass.

I really think Jack McVeigh is going to have an impact right away this season, and if nothing else it's going to be as that kick-out 3-point shooter Nebraska so desperately lacked last season

And much more here:
https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1792289

Sorry Ellis, didn't see your post (while I was composing mine) :eek:

(but great minds :Biggrin:, anyway glad to see some competition in posting in this overlooked (during football season) forum.)

Here's a little more of Washut's Thoughts.

I've now been able to take in two Nebraska basketball practices this past week, and while the team is still so different from a year ago, I'm slowly starting to get an idea of what the Huskers might look like once the season rolls around this fall.

(Paraphrased)
***Glynn Watson is going to be special by the time he's done here.

***Edward Morrow whether he would be physically able to hold his own in the paint against the size and strength of the Big Ten. Having seen him practice twice now, I have almost zero concerns about that.

***Benny Parker.has really stepped up as a leader on this team and has a confidence about him now that I haven't seen from him before.

***All the hype about Andrew White is legit. When he gets hot, he's as good of a shooter as I've seen at NU.

***I really think Jack McVeigh is going to have an impact right away this season...as that kick-out 3-point shooter Nebraska so desperately lacked last season.

***I don't expect a major jump in production from Tai Webster at this point.

***Nebraska is going to need Jake Hammond to step up in a big way this season...as the only player taller than 6-8 on the roster.

***Nick Fuller might not get a lot of publicity, but there aren't many guys more willing to do the dirty work than he is.

***Shavon Shields, it's been good to see him get back to that attack mode that made him so good early last season.

***Michael Jacobson. At 6-8, 220, he's big enough to play inside and he also has the offensive skill set to step out and knock down jumpers

***Bakari Evelyn...a redshirt year would probably be the best thing for him right now

As you said, LOTS more at the link!

Sorry Ellis, didn't see your post (while I was composing mine) :eek:

(but great minds :Biggrin:, anyway glad to see some competition in posting in this overlooked (during football season) forum.)

Here's a little more of Washut's Thoughts.

As you said, LOTS more at the link!

No problem. Some great stuff in there. I just wish we had a stud big man.

His comment on Webster isn't surprising. However, he will be a defensive stopper on opponents better shooters! The rest is great to hear. A few players that can knock down the 3 will be so nice!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back