• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Washington declares for NFL

coming off an injury and having very few rec the last 2 years...... i dont see him getting drafted, possibly a free agent deal at best. hope it works out for him, great teammate, we coulda used him big time

coming off an injury and having very few rec the last 2 years...... i dont see him getting drafted, possibly a free agent deal at best. hope it works out for him, great teammate, we coulda used him big time
I suspect we are going to see quite a few more of these in the coming months. Guys that just didn’t quite make it. They see the youth coming up and move on.

IMO he’s been the best receiver on the team for the past couple of years. Had he remained healthy he would have stats to back that up.

Better than Palmer?
Palmer was flat out faster. I think Washington has better hands. Think about how many times that they had to review his catches over the past couple of years. He was practically picking them up off his shoelaces and still reeling them in.

Washington should have stayed for another season. If he had a good year next season catching the ball from DR, he might have better odds of making an NFL roster. We need room on the roster and we might have better WR on the roster that could emerge next year.

Palmer was flat out faster. I think Washington has better hands. Think about how many times that they had to review his catches over the past couple of years. He was practically picking them up off his shoelaces and still reeling them in.
He also had some bad drops! If he stays healthy and tests out well, he might get a shot with some NFL team

Washington should have stayed for another season. If he had a good year next season catching the ball from DR, he might have better odds of making an NFL roster. We need room on the roster and we might have better WR on the roster that could emerge next year.

Pretty sure he would have come back if he thought he'd get a waver.

Other than Palmer, who are other former Husker WRs who have started in the NFL as rookies basically from day 1? I can’t think of any, but memory is no bueno.

You both are correct & I forgot about him, but was trying to think of someone more recent. Scoring Explosion was 40 years ago…..when I was a kid.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back