• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

*** was right all along..defensive is good enough to win.

Despite the obvious bad play calling at the end, or bad play, or both...this defense is serviceable enough to win. I don't get the lack of getting turnovers, but they keep us in most games.
I don't like the lack of pass rushing at obvious times, but I guess that's reserved for blitzes in this system??
I think the front 7 have surprised many.

I agree for the most part. What kills me about the defense is that they seem to break down at the absolute worst time. Like today.....they played pretty well until the very end when we absolutely needed them to get a stop.

I agree for the most part. What kills me about the defense is that they seem to break down at the absolute worst time. Like today.....they played pretty well until the very end when we absolutely needed them to get a stop.

Yeah, I don't know if that was fatigue or coaching or what. I completely agree, though. I can't imagine how the seniors feel.

This is EXACTLY what I wax saying in the game thread. Its frustrating to watch, and I'm sure much more frustrating for the players.

I’m interested to read from the X&O guys like @ShortSideOption on why we played so much zone today and why we did not run the ball more against the worst run defense in the conference? I know Frost said he called a bunch of RPO’s but why only 12 carries for Mills and one run by Scott that got us a first down?

I’m interested to read from the X&O guys like @ShortSideOption on why we played so much zone today and why we did not run the ball more against the worst run defense in the conference? I know Frost said he called a bunch of RPO’s but why only 12 carries for Mills and one run by Scott that got us a first down?
Because Frost still thinks the B1G will adjust to him, and not him adjusting to his opponent’s weakness.

I really can’t be mad at what we did defensively. But I need to Rewatch offensively what we did. That was bad. Did we even have over 300 yards offense?

Defense is okay, but not great. We forced 0 turnovers, got 0 sacks, had one 3-and-out, and let MN eat up 5+ minutes on most drives. Against a team down several starters.

Offense has been hanging the defense out to dry for 2 years. The defense isn't great, but it's good enough and trending up in many areas.

The offense looks like it has no rhyme or reason, the line can't block worth a crap, and the QBs can't throw anything beyond short-to-medium range passes with any semblance of accuracy. The receivers don't even have a chance half the time--the ball isn't placed in the same zip code for them.

A decent QB with less flash in the run game but some degree of run-of-the-mill passing abilities would probably make a big difference. But the line is a disaster. SOmething in those two spots needs to give.

That's because our offense is inept with sustained drives and eating clock. Our defense consistently gets very little rest before they have to trot back out there -- and that's a formula for wearing down late.

Minnesota had the ball 11 minutes and 36 second longer than Nebraska today. Part of that was Minnesota's game plan on offense. The other part was our own inability on offense. It takes both to have that large of a disparity in time of possession.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back