• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Warren Sapp to CU

SemperHusker

Practice Squad
2 Year Member
I've been out of the area and might have missed it, so sorry if there's already been a thread on this. Regarding Sapp joining Neon's staff, not all talented players have the chops to make the transition into coaching and something about Sapp just doesn't scream "great hire". Given the time that's passed between now and his playing days, I'm not even sure if he has that much star power with young players. Maybe this is a buddy hire?

I've been out of the area and might have missed it, so sorry if there's already been a thread on this. Regarding Sapp joining Neon's staff, not all talented players have the chops to make the transition into coaching and something about Sapp just doesn't scream "great hire". Given the time that's passed between now and his playing days, I'm not even sure if he has that much star power with young players. Maybe this is a buddy hire?
They deserve each other.

I think it fits into the Deion marketing program. There is little doubt that Deion believes in the big names and the recruitment of them. Its yet to be determined if he can build wins that way or even sustain it once there. Its a high stakes attempt to gain momentum but could backfire. At some time, the program needs dedicated 70 hour a week grinders. Deion has yet to visit a single recruit in their home. I don't see Warran Sapp being anything but a mouth for about 20 hours a week and is likely gone after the first season once the luster wears off.

Last edited:
I agree. Whole lot of big heads on that sideline though.

I think it fits into the Deion marketing program. There is little doubt that Deion believes in the big names and the recruitment of them. Its yet to be determined if he can build wins that way or even sustain it once there. Its a high stakes attempt to gain momentum but could backfire. At some time, the program needs dedicated 70 hour a week grinders. Deion has yet to visit a single recruit in their home. I don't see Warran Sapp being anything but a mouth for about 20 hours a week and is likely gone after the first season once the luster wears off.
Marketing without a doubt. Given time half his staff might be coaches the other half symbols.
I personally like it, less coaching for the bluffs make better bluffs

Having him as a graduate assistant is interesting. It makes sense where he has ZERO coaching background, but is odd because what he brings to the table - a marketable name, can't be used on the recruiting trail. Sure, he can be a big, famous face and another boisterous personality when a recruit is in Boulder, but he can't go on the road and I don't think he can make calls either.

Sapp had to go get a degree from Texas Seminary Christian University in 2023 so he could be a GA.

Sapp completed his degree at Texas Seminary Christian University so he can join the Buffs' staff, but he almost wasn't confirmed by CU's brain trust due to his past legal troubles.

Sapp had to go get a degree from Texas Seminary Christian University in 2023 so he could be a GA.

That's some Colorado fan fiction there. He declared Chapter 7 over a decade ago. $150k per year GA is not a bad prospect for him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back