• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale....

This post is really heartbreaking for me. What I read here is a loss of hope amongst the fan base and the fans are one of the strengths of the program. I wish had some really great ideas, but I do not, but I do know that what the staff is doing now is not working. Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable people, on this board, could consult with one another and come to some recommendations. Maybe Moos would listen to them.

Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern......... (And that’s not including Illinois and Minnesota, who dropped an L on the team this year)
Other than the 1st two, I expect NU to win the other games and they need to if SF wants more time. The consistent lowering of expectations that we can't beat IA, Wisc, or NW is a HUGE problem. It is fan apathy.

I'm not suggesting there is not an issue at Nebraska. There is an issue within college football though. The transfer portal culture issue to be exact.

LSU has a 5*, 5 4* and 3 3* in the portal currently. How bad can the culture be of a team that within the same calendar year won the national championship and was considered one of, if not the best team EVER? If you have problems less than 10 months after winning it all, outside of OU, CLEM, AL, OSU, ND and Texas, no one is safe.

They also had 4 players opt out of 2020.

Patrick O'Brien will be playing for his third team this next fall, all D1.

This will separate the haves from the have nots even further, they can pick and choose who they want now.

I too, may want to opt out/transfer to local high school ball as my future viewing. Selfishly, I looked forward to taking my sons to games in the future. I may not be that interested anymore, whole lot cheaper to just take em fishun.

IF Wan'dale goes:
1. Does the dam break and a large number of other players hit the portal?
2.Will players such as JoJo change their minds about their decisions to return for 2021?
3. If Moos sees #1 and #2 happen, does he pull a "Warren" (this decision will not be reconsidered) and make a change with Scott realizing that things are more desperate than he thought for 2021?

Could be some odd dominos rolling out from the decision of one player..........

Frost will cost Frost his job.

There have been several games when we should have tried to be run (with a RB) heavy and instead Frost puts the game on AM’s shoulders. Player mismanagement, lack of development, poor clock management, and running off our best players.

AM is the last thing costing Frost his job.

First 2 paragraphs I absolutely agree with.

I do, however, think Martinez is a significant issue because "bad Adrian" shows up far too often 3 years in. Maybe he's the absolute best we have . . . but, then again, who's in charge of that? If Frost is planning on Riding Martinez for the next 2 years and he continues to be as inconsistent as he's been up to this point, then it's all over. Martinez either needs to step up his game or another QB (probably not Luke) needs to be at a level to unseat him.

Frost and Riley's career college head coach winning percentage are nearly identical.

Frost .534
Riley .531

And that's with Frost having had a 13-0 season in the mix! Riley had 9 winning seasons and 8 losing seasons. Frost has had 1 winning season and 4 losing seasons.

Frost is 13-20 at Nebraska -- worst 3-year stretch since Bill Jennings.
Riley was 19-19 at Nebraska.

What makes Frost more impressive?
Were you in favor of the Frost hire initially?

This post is really heartbreaking for me. What I read here is a loss of hope amongst the fan base and the fans are one of the strengths of the program. I wish had some really great ideas, but I do not, but I do know that what the staff is doing now is not working. Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable people, on this board, could consult with one another and come to some recommendations. Maybe Moos would listen to them.
Very small sampling of the fan base here and no influential donors...only guys blowing off steam

I do, however, think Martinez is a significant issue because "bad Adrian" shows up far too often 3 years in. Maybe he's the absolute best we have . . . but, then again, who's in charge of that? If Frost is planning on Riding Martinez for the next 2 years and he continues to be as inconsistent as he's been up to this point, then it's all over. Martinez either needs to step up his game or another QB (probably not Luke) needs to be at a level to unseat him.
Yes my thoughts exactly. Three years in Am is too inconsistent. He is not the answer but if someone isn’t performing you as a coach need to move on. Frost is not willing to do that at one position

I totally agree that AM is inconsistent at best. I personally no longer consider him a D1 caliber QB, but in year 3 and soon to be year 4 we should have an alternative, and I don’t think we do. Once again that is on Frost.

I totally agree that AM is inconsistent at best. I personally no longer consider him a D1 caliber QB, but in year 3 and soon to be year 4 we should have an alternative, and I don’t think we do. Once again that is on Frost.
I see LM replacing Robinson if he transfers.

Reactions: Pal

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back