• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale

Sanders had 74 carries as a freshman and 105 the next season. So in your world a 190 lb freshman RB is capable of how many carries per season? Actually I see a lot of similarities between Wandale and Barry especially in their ability to make people miss. Simply stating he got hurt because he was used to much is a total misnomer imo. He got hurt because he got hurt. Obviously the chance of injury increases with the amount of playing time as with ALL positions on the field. Saying he was over used therefore that got him injured is like saying you drove to many miles and therefore were bound to have a car accident. There have been many freshman RB's with many more carries then Wandale has had this season. We also disagree that 5'10" 190 is slight build. I see much larger RB's injured all the time at all levels of competition.

Lets hope Wandale isn't injury prone as some players seem to be. Ziggy had his share of injuries, so did Rex and so did many larger RB's at Nebraska. It's a contact sport and injuries are going happen after a single play or dozens imo. Keeping our most dynamic player on the bench so he stays safe completely defeats the reason he's now a starter. It is however very important that he's 100% before returning to action.
You just compared Wandale to Barry Sanders? Really? Now there is some insanity for you. LMAO.

It's my belief that both AM and Wandale will both see the field against Indiana. How much is yet TBD.

The only issue I might have is if he's getting 11 touches a game, and the majority of those are running between the tackles. He had to do that against Illinois, but as someone else said that was out of necessity.
The play he got hurt on he was out in space, which is using his talents perfectly.
Careful there. You are coming close to agreeing with me.

You just compared Wandale to Barry Sanders? Really? Now there is some insanity for you. LMAO.
Why is that so insane? Wandale is an extraordinary talent imo so you just keep believe what you want to believe. His HS records are off the charts and what we've already seen on the field as a true freshman is exceptional. Keep in mind Sanders didn't play much RB in high school because people like you said he was to small? :Lol: Obviously they were really great judges of football talent? NOT!

Bottom line the more Wandale plays the BETTER he will get and that includes at both WR and RB. No he's not a player for 30 carries a game (right now) but who knows in the future. No one knows including you just how good of player he will become given time and good coaching. In the open field I haven't seen anyone better this season and there's a long way to go before reaching his potential. So if you want to dismiss the comparison (only said elusiveness in the open field) be my guest.

Lets sit back and enjoy watching how good Wandale will become in future seasons.

FWIW yes I'm still a 100% onboard with HSCF and taking cheap shots at him helps nothing.

Last edited:
Why is that so insane? Wandale is an extraordinary talent imo so you just keep believe what you want to believe. His HS records are off the charts and what we've already seen on the field as a true freshman is exceptional. Keep in mind Sanders didn't play much RB in high school because people like you said he was to small? :Lol: Obviously they were really great judges of football talent? NOT!

Bottom line the more Wandale plays the BETTER he will get and that includes at both WR and RB. No he's not a player for 30 carries a game (right now) but who knows in the future. No one knows including you just how good of player he will become given time and good coaching. In the open field I haven't seen anyone better this season and there's a long way to go before reaching his potential. So if you want to dismiss the comparison (only said elusiveness in the open field) be my guest.

Lets sit back and enjoy watching how good Wandale will become in future seasons.

FWIW yes I'm still a 100% onboard with HSCF and taking cheap shots at him helps nothing.
Sure FWIW I’m 100% onboard with HCSF, too. Doesn’t mean he’s 100% on target with everything he does. Let’s sit back and watch how good HCSF can become. He doesn’t need you stumping for him and acting insulted that someone pointed out the obvious.

Sure FWIW I’m 100% onboard with HCSF, too. Doesn’t mean he’s 100% on target with everything he does. Let’s sit back and watch how good HCSF can become. He doesn’t need you stumping for him and acting insulted that someone pointed out the obvious.
And he certainly doesn't need you being the constant critic of everything he does within the program either.

Many people here have a very different view of what you call "obvious" but that aside glad to hear you're 100% on board with HCSF. Piling on with non stop critisim is hardly helpful and frankly PO's a lot of people including myself. There's been enough negative crap about the program for the past 20 years and I'm tired of hearing it.

I believe the future is bright with HCSF but it's going to take a couple more years for him to rebuild a program that has been sucking wind for way to long.

Barry Sanders ran a 4.3 in the 40, which put him in an elite category.

Many people here have a very different view of what you call "obvious" but that aside glad to hear you're 100% on board with HCSF. Piling on with non stop critisim is hardly helpful and frankly PO's a lot of people including myself. There's been enough negative crap about the program for the past 20 years and I'm tired of hearing it.

I believe the future is bright with HCSF but it's going to take a couple more years for him to rebuild a program that has been sucking wind for way to long.
Whatever I can do to make you happy. We don’t want you PO’d. Or tired.

He ran 40's between 4.21-4.37 (the latter being at the combine) between workouts and the combine. Robinson has reportedly run a 4.22 that was hand-held, but you have to keep in mind that Barry Sanders' 40-times were also hand-held, as even the NFL didn't institute electronically timed 40's until 1999.

So what was your point exactly about elite speed? It seems to me they're both in the elite category pertaining to speed, no?

Last edited:
He ran 40's between 4.21-4.37 (the latter being at the combine) between workouts and the combine. Robinson has reportedly run a 4.22 that was hand-held, but you have to keep in mind that Barry Sanders' 40-times were also hand-held, as even the NFL didn't institute electronically timed 40's until 1999.

So what was your point exactly about elite speed? It seems to me they're both in the elite category pertaining to speed, no?
You got the wrong Sanders. That was Deion.

Not sure what your point is except to say Robinson is in the elite category? He certainly is from a speed stand point imo.
Robinson now has 19 major scholarship offers, including Ohio State and Kentucky. But the one from Alabama is a head-turner for a lot of reasons and shows what running the 40-yard dash in 4.22 seconds as Robinson did at a combine in February can do.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back