• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wandale Robinson Commits To Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebraska and Alabama are his co-leaders. The biggest obstacle the Huskers always have with kids like this who are outside the 500-mile radius is they generally are lucky to get more than one visit from them. It's why Frost needs to build up his 'Big Red Weekends' to the level Riley did last summer. Nebraska needs to be a destination trip for kids eventually. Get four-star kids from outside your footprint to visit on their own dime when the weather is nice and they see the sort of fan support at Nebraska.

Robinson has been to Alabama at least three times that I can confirm. You're already competing against proximity with kids like Robinson and the other kids from places like Florida and Georgia, it's another hurdle to overcome when kids build comfort with other coaches and commradery with players and commits from other schools because they visit campus multiple times.

Couple CB's to Ohio State recently, including from Wiltfong...

Sometimes winning wins. Not saying that's the whole story but 0-3 plants a question mark in the minds of SOME recruits. Too bad things are starting so rough. However, just delaying the inevitable rise to glory imo. :Koolaid2:

OSU is like a giant vacuum cleaner sucking up all the top talent. Gonna be very hard for Nebraska to be relevant again in the national football picture.

So much for the Urban Meyer / Zach Smith scandal hurting tOSU's recruiting.

It matters more to some recruits than others, but I fear that we may have lost some of the recruiting momentum that we had initially with Frost as a result of the poor start. Through August, it was easy to point to the staff's accomplishments at UCF. Now other schools have an easy way to go negative on Frost and NU (at least for right now).

Retweeted by Coach Held...

Starting to sound like it's going to be a three-team battle for Robinson between Ohio State, Nebraska and Alabama. Like I mentioned in another post, it's really hard to compete with teams who get multiple visits from a kid and you only get one.

Definitely the kind of teams you want to (hopefully) beat out for a kid.

Starting to sound like it's going to be a three-team battle for Robinson between Ohio State, Nebraska and Alabama. Like I mentioned in another post, it's really hard to compete with teams who get multiple visits from a kid and you only get one.

Definitely the kind of teams you want to (hopefully) beat out for a kid.
Most certainly to your last sentence.

The staff will just have to build a relationship with him that can weather those other visits elsewhere. Tough road to go, but have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back