• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Walk on limits

Unintended consequences
I'm not sure it's unintended. I said from the beginning that lots of opportunities are going to be cut if the employee model is implemented. Even attempts to get around the employee model will likely lead to reduced opportunities for many.

Latest rumor about walk on limits.
If they cut to 85 player rosters, they will need to add a waiver wire, practice squad and free agency (well, we sort of have that last one, now).

Interesting, that they talk about the difference between sports with roster limits & scholarship limits with the ability to give partial scholarships. They cited Baseball with 32 spot and 11.7 full scholarships that can be divvied up however. This is not allowed for Football or Basketball. Also the question on how academic scholarships are counted. IIRC, both Todd Peterson and Alex Henery were on strong academic scholarships, they had to be taken off those, and given athletic scholarships to play. A change, that would likely be opposed, would be to allow kids on academic scholarships to play football. Hello, County Scholarships!!!

Last edited:

Sounds like some people want to destroy amateur athletics and opportunities for players that develop later than others?
Sounds to me they're trying to figure out how to reduce the amount of soon-to-be-required-revenue shared among players.

Sounds to me they're trying to figure out how to reduce the amount of soon-to-be-required-revenue shared among players.
I can see other sports rooting for this, let them get a bigger piece of the pie, and uni's agreeing in part as well.
What it'll amount to is 60ish teams and everyone else juco level for employment.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back