• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Walk-on discussion

Bluffsker

Recruit
2 Year Member
Change My Mind 27122018094546.jpg

Nice start to the discussion. Can anyone add to this? Specifically, how many walk-ons have gone undrafted but earned a roster spot or even just a practice squad spot in the NFL?

Another statistic I would like to see is how does walk-on program compare to other walk-on programs? I hypothesize NU has the most successful walk-on program. I think we have turned more walk-ons into productive D-1 players than any other school. I also think we have put the most walk-ons on NFL rosters and practice rosters. but cant find the information. How many 1st downs, sacks, turnovers, game winning touchdowns, hail marys, game winning field goals, game changing punts, returns, etc. have walk-ons contributed to NU? How does this compare to other schools?

What walk-ons contribute to the team is not measured in NFL talent.

Walk-ons are usually local kids, who are willing to give their ALL for the program, and the coach. Not like Calibraskans, who are basically mercenaries for hire.

The walk-ons typically outwork the scholarship players, and the scholarship players learn from the walk-ons just how hard THEY have to work to get/keep a starting job.

What walk-ons contribute to the team is not measured in NFL talent.

Walk-ons are usually local kids, who are willing to give their ALL for the program, and the coach. Not like Calibraskans, who are basically mercenaries for hire.

The walk-ons typically outwork the scholarship players, and the scholarship players learn from the walk-ons just how hard THEY have to work to get/keep a starting job.
#NailedIt

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back