• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Venables to OU - Official

There was a prevailing opinion that Venables was a career coordinator for a reason. As in he's not qualified to be a head coach. I'm not sure I agree.

Also OU's lot in life is about to get a whole lot more difficult with the move to the SEC. Makes his job that much more difficult as well.

There was a prevailing opinion that Venables was a career coordinator for a reason. As in he's not qualified to be a head coach. I'm not sure I agree.

Also OU's lot in life is about to get a whole lot more difficult with the move to the SEC. Makes his job that much more difficult as well.
Yes but like I said he has shown to come up with a plan to beat Bama.. Think that is also a resin Texas when with Sark. Any student of Saban seems to do well.

OU is going to thrive in the SEC. The hire focuses on what they need to improve. Good choice, but of course this will take at least 1 year.
I’m sure it’s going to be a lot more difficult in the SEC but who knows what the future holds.

If Venables poaches Jeff Lebby away from Ole Miss to run his offense, I like that foundation.

I haven't watched much of Ole Miss this year. Do you think Lebby's more responsible for their offensive output than Kiffin? In other words, if Nebraska fires Frost in 2022, is Lebby a guy that Trev Alberts should consider as his next head coach?

I haven't watched much of Ole Miss this year. Do you think Lebby's more responsible for their offensive output than Kiffin? In other words, if Nebraska fires Frost in 2022, is Lebby a guy that Trev Alberts should consider as his next head coach?

He's a really innovative offensive mind. He's actually married to Art Briles' daughter and has coached with Art and Kendal (who worked with Kiffin too). Kiffin took stuff from Kendal and meshed it with his own philosophy at FAU and kept it when he went to Ole Miss.

Lebby has a foundation in that offense and added a few things on his own when he got to Ole Miss as well. It's a really dangerous duo between he and Kiffin. It's Lane's baby, but Lebby calls the plays and gets a lot of (deserved) credit for the offenses production and the development of Matt Corral. He'll get a HC job soon, but I'd aim higher if I'm Nebraska. Someone already established.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back