• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vacation Destinations

I know all-inclusives aren't for everyone, but they sure are for me! Two of my favorite vacations have been to all-inclusives in Playa del Carmen in Mexico and Jamaica. Later this year it will be Punta Cana for us. We almost did Jamaica again, but we wanted to try someplace we have never been. I can't wait!!!

We stayed at an all-inclusive in Cabo for a week over Christmas break in 2013, me my wife and 3 kids. It was OK the food gets a little monotonous, but it wasn't bad. My 21 year old daughter at the time really liked just being able to go to the bar and give them her room number to get a beer. I am sure there are a lot more high end all inclusive types like KingTM mentions. I was amazed at the amount of time share stuff going on in Cabo and the number of people that come back to this area every year. It was a nice vacation and it was a pretty cheap vacation, but I wouldn't want to go back anytime soon.

Went to Hawaii over this past Christmas took the youngest 2 children 20 and 14 and went with my wife's sister and her family. First time I have ever done a major vacation with relatives. It was fun, went to the big island and Oahu. Actually spent the day in and around where the volcano is erupting right now. Some really cool tide pools along that side of the island. Was our 3rd time in Hawaii, second with the kids, but about a 10 year interim. It was in-laws first trip. Sat on Waikiki beach on Christmas day took in Pearl Harbor the day before. Hawaii is always a great family vacation. Just a little on the expensive side.

Going to Vegas first weekend in June. Taking oldest son he turned 21 in March. Daughter is meeting us there from Nebraska her hubby has to work. Kind of a family tradition. To me Vegas is the perfect 3 day weekend. Drink a little, eat a lot, gamble a little, go to a show, people watch, and since it is summer sit at the hotel pool.

Last edited:

We stayed at an all-inclusive in Cabo for a week over Christmas break in 2013, me my wife and 3 kids. It was OK the food gets a little monotonous, but it wasn't bad. My 21 year old daughter at the time really liked just being able to go to the bar and give them her room number to get a beer. I am sure there are a lot more high end all inclusive types like KingTM mentions. I was amazed at the amount of time share stuff going on in Cabo and the number of people that come back to this area every year. It was a nice vacation and it was a pretty cheap vacation, but I wouldn't want to go back anytime soon.

Went to Hawaii over this past Christmas took the youngest 2 children 20 and 14 and went with my wife's sister and her family. First time I have ever done a major vacation with relatives. It was fun, went to the big island and Oahu. Actually spent the day in and around where the volcano is erupting right now. Some really cool tide pools along that side of the island. Was our 3rd time in Hawaii, second with the kids, but about a 10 year interim. It was in-laws first trip. Sat on Waikiki beach on Christmas day took in Pearl Harbor the day before. Hawaii is always a great family vacation. Just a little on the expensive side.

Going to Vegas first weekend in June. Taking oldest son he turned 21 in March. Daughter is meeting us there from Nebraska her hubby has to work. Kind of a family tradition. To me Vegas is the perfect 3 day weekend. Drink a little, eat a lot, gamble a little, go to a show, people watch, and since it is summer sit at the hotel pool.

I've vacationed in Hawaii twice. Both times on Maui. First time was on my honeymoon over 27 years ago. We vowed that we'd go back in 5 years. Well, we finally went back 21 years later, along with our 4 kids. That was 6 years ago. I love that place, but yes, it is pricey. But it is easily the most beautiful place I have ever been.

I've vacationed in Hawaii twice. Both times on Maui. First time was on my honeymoon over 27 years ago. We vowed that we'd go back in 5 years. Well, we finally went back 21 years later, along with our 4 kids. That was 6 years ago. I love that place, but yes, it is pricey. But it is easily the most beautiful place I have ever been.

Maui is great, if we had not wanted to see Pearl Harbor with the kids I would have skipped Oahu and Honolulu and done Maui. Honolulu is just a big city that happens to be near a beach.

i went to puerto vallarta to an all inclusive and there was a couple there that said it was their 14th time coming back to the resort....and it wasn't even a very nice resort. definitely cheap, but i would never go back a 2nd time let alone 14 times...there's more of the world to see imo

i went to puerto vallarta to an all inclusive and there was a couple there that said it was their 14th time coming back to the resort....and it wasn't even a very nice resort. definitely cheap, but i would never go back a 2nd time let alone 14 times...there's more of the world to see imo

Exactly how I feel. I don't ever want to do the same things more than 2x. I have been to Hawaii more often than that but there was a lot of time in between visits. To do something over and over does not sound fun to me.

Ireland will probably be coming up in the next couple of years, for us. I want to get my family tree finished first though so that I can visit the actual places from where my forbears originated. My Grandmother had a beautiful family tree that someone actually hand drew and each branch and twig was a person's name. That disappeared when she died and some family members cleaned out her house and now, I have to do it all over again. :mad:

Last edited:

I like to plan LV trip. Maybe this year. Last time was 30 years ago !

Background music, Bellagio fountain hotel. BTW, I'm starting to adore Russia female singers. America female singers ..... meh.

Last edited:
I like to plan LV trip. Maybe this year. Last time was 30 years ago !

Background music, Bellagio hotel. BTW, I'm starting to adore Russia female singers. America female singers ..... meh.

It has changed a little since 1988. Don't expect to get 4.99 steak and lobster tail anywhere.

It has changed a little since 1988. Don't expect to get 4.99 steak and lobster tail anywhere.

First Vegas trip, my dad's family vacation. I was only 12 years ago (1966). I remember Las Vegas was about 60,000 population. Few memories .... hot as hell in my family car traveling around Sin City. Threshold heat stroke. Dad's vehicle: '58 Chevy without a/c (roll down the windows!)

Last edited:
Looking at a short Colorado trip in late July. Trying to decide between easy drive & accommodations right off I-70 east of Eisenhower tunnel and hiking around there. Or, paying more and driving slightly longer to stay near RMNP and hiking there (been to RMNP twice before).

Any good recommendations for 3 or 4 hikes near Idaho Springs or Georgetown? Will they be a reasonable alternative to the craziness of RMNP?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back