• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Honduras WCQ in Salt Lake City

Half Time and its 0-0....poor and sloppy first half by the USA

The Good: Michael Bradley and Tim Howard....

The Bad: Jermaine Jones with a foolish yellow and other than the run he had in minute 34 gave away balls and his defending could lead to another yellow and a sending off....the back four are back to being shaky again....Zusi's passing and corner kicks not good at all.....no service to Jozy at all....I wish Holden was more fit as we could use him tonight for his dead ball skills both on the field and at the corner spot....

I've said it before Evens is an average MLS player and opponents with speed give him a ton of trouble..

The ref has been consistent....consistently bad calls on both sides....horrible performance...

The Lucky: The studs up tackle by Fabian Johnson was over looked could have been a red with the wrong ref and a minimum a yellow and free kick....

All in all not a good performance....its like this team reverted back to the pre-Germany team....

Last edited:

Hard to argue this one...even if you like Jermaine Jones....

spacer.gif

<TBODY>
[TD]
Franco Panizo:
Jones has not had a terrible game but I like the idea of bringing in Cameron for Jones at halftime. Cameron's more defensive mindset allows Bradley to get forward and into more dangerous spots more often. Bradley even admitted as much after the win vs. Panama last week.
http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/06/honduras-match-commentary.html

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
[/TD]

</TBODY>

See Post 17....that was my point...

I think when he is playing well he can be a nice auxiliary option going forward. Obviously he is behind Bradley, Dempsey and Altidore (although he sits higher than the other two) in terms of ability going forward from the middle of the pitch. He won't ever run the show but he can add something and by that I mean he brings just enough imo, when playing on an even keel (which he tends not to do), to keep more of the pressure off Bradley than would a similar type of player like a Beckerman, Edu or Cameron by keeping the other team more honest defensively. Granted this is just my opinion.

I think the opportunities are still there for the USA and Honduras lack of depth will start to show late in the game when the altitude will start to play a factor....

Still like the USA to win this one....they just have to step it up....

Oh and Bradley is the best player on the field....again...

Not much to cheer in the first half....

Pretty lively in the second half....team is giving them a reason to cheer....

There will be more game in SLC....you can count on it....like it or not...

The crowd is pretty damn weak. No more WC qualifying games in Salt Lake, please.

Just too timid of a crowd for my liking.

Should have been a handball on Honduras, IMO. Looked to me like Dempsey's header was headed straight for the back of the net.

Wow, HNC calls the final score. Well done HNC! I would have thought we netted two goals, but a win nets three quality points, and that is what matters most.

Josy makes history, scoring in four consecutive matches!

if the ref calls the handball, SBI & I call it right. I am happy for the three, but I would have loved the two as well.....:Biggrin:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back