• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked USC Reporting Heard Did not qualify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the response. Appreciate it. If I remember correctly, Jared Tomich was a special education example who had learning disabilities, and who, once that was diagnosed, responded well with the proper attention his condition warranted. Don't know if that is the case with Heard, but I doubt it.

While running back may not require much academic prowess, shouldn't we at least expect academic prowess equal to that required of the normal freshman student? (I know I am being a bit of an a__ here, but feel like it this evening).

Like you, I'd like to hope that the players on the football team all are admitted to the University based on their academic merit. Sadly, that is not the case. The minimum qualifying standards that the NCAA requires are well below those needed for the average high school student to get admitted to the University of Nebraska.

Would this kid been allowed to enroll and be on scholarship under the old "partial qualifier" program that Osborne had so much success with? This program got a lot kids in NU and gave them a chance to pickup their studies then play 4 years. The Big XII didn't allow the program and now it's not allowed anywhere? This is off a Michigan web site where they thought Nebraska might bring the program back.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/partial-qualifiers-will-nebraska-go-back-old-b8-trick

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back