• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Upon Reflection

If our defense was being shredded perhaps a case could be made that a TD was needed at all costs on the last drive! However that wasn’t the case and a chip shot FG probably wins the game. We can blame the D for letting them get close enough for a FG but once again they were gut shot by our super incompetent turnover offense. Our OC should either be fired or told he’s done calling plays the rest of the season. No way was that a smart play call with a QB that hasn’t even seen the field this season. IMO stupid, stupid, stupid which cost us a win and perhaps a bowl game.

If our defense was being shredded perhaps a case could be made that a TD was needed at all costs on the last drive! However that wasn’t the case and a chip shot FG probably wins the game. We can blame the D for letting them get close enough for a FG but once again they were gut shot by our super incompetent turnover offense. Our OC should either be fired or told he’s done calling plays the rest of the season. No way was that a smart play call with a QB that hasn’t even seen the field this season. IMO stupid, stupid, stupid which cost us a win and perhaps a bowl game.
I agree. I think the level of stupidity on the call might even rival Frost's on-side kick decision last year. Borderline unbelievable.

It is amazing that we had 5 turnovers and still had a chance to win late in the 4th. Our offense sucks, but our defense really played some good ball. A couple breakdowns, but really solid defense.

If we get a serviceable offense next year, the sky really is the limit. For the rest of this year, Rhule was right. We are capable of beating all of the last 4 teams on our schedule, and they are all capable of beating us.
Don't really believe we're capable of beating Wiscy or Iowa. We're reverting to Frost team. Find ways to lose by one score.

No way was that a smart play call with a QB that hasn’t even seen the field this season. IMO stupid, stupid, stupid which cost us a win and perhaps a bowl game.
I agree completely with this. Terribly unfortunate, and that is putting it mildly.

If Nebraska's goal in this game (other than to win, of course) was to keep this thing close heading into the 4th Quarter so they could wear Maryland down - as I heard Damon Benning say multiple times today on the radio broadcast - then you do just that when you are 1st and Goal from the 5 with under 3 mins to play. You line up and let you OL push you into the end zone.

I'm sure the players feel terribly after this loss. Tough pill to swallow today. If I'm on a Defensive unit, I'm say f-it, I'll just steal the ball from the other team and score myself.

It is amazing that we had 5 turnovers and still had a chance to win late in the 4th. Our offense sucks, but our defense really played some good ball. A couple breakdowns, but really solid defense.

If we get a serviceable offense next year, the sky really is the limit. For the rest of this year, Rhule was right. We are capable of beating all of the last 4 teams on our schedule, and they are all capable of beating us.
Maybe, but it also seems like our defense tends to collapse at the end when it really counts.

Don't really believe we're capable of beating Wiscy or Iowa. We're reverting to Frost team. Find ways to lose by one score.
I personally don't see Nebraska beating either Wisconsin or Iowa. Can you imagine how hard these guys will press the next two games trying to get that elusive 6th win?

I'm sure we will see all sorts of social media posts over the next week that will suggest or imply Nebraska should win, but this team is still too fragile to go into Madison on a 2 game losing streak and beat the Badgers.

I'm glad this team has Iowa at home, that improves our chances, but losing next week - if that happens - makes the Iowa game that much more difficult.

I hope the Iowa game is all Iowa fans. Blackout!
4c540a8c-43a6-4033-aaf1-8ee5e1330816_text.gif

Wiscy lost. Seems they can't handle losing their top two rbs
Saw that. Maryland lost the week before they played us. I don't see a way to beat Wiscy with this offense. Our offense helps the other team more than they help us. Iowa's offense is so bad they fired the coaches son. We're still looking up at Iowa in terms of offense.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back