• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

(Update: Over $1 million raised!) 1890 Initiative asking for Husker fans help.

Received a magazine in the mail shortly after the donation. Raiola Legacy, might save for my boy, what a time to document the emergence of a new Era in cfb and for Nebraska as well. It can't be said enough how we treat current and pas players leads to decades of success. That's is why we had to hire a guy like Rhule that has the ability and desire to do things the Nebraska way as much as possible.

Received a magazine in the mail shortly after the donation. Raiola Legacy, might save for my boy, what a time to document the emergence of a new Era in cfb and for Nebraska as well. It can't be said enough how we treat current and pas players leads to decades of success. That's is why we had to hire a guy like Rhule that has the ability and desire to do things the Nebraska way as much as possible.
Get it signed!

$810,000 doesn't seem like very much considering how much a single QB costs nowadays. Does this fund work differently?

$810,000 doesn't seem like very much considering how much a single QB costs nowadays. Does this fund work differently?
I agree. I saw that in 2022 the total football revenue had fallen out of the top 25. NU has a long way to go to be relevant and we are trending down. If we can get some wins maybe our revenue will be up and we can change this momentum.

It was a good effort for a grass roots campaign. Hopefully once increased numbers of relatively small donors get used to contributing, some will increase the amount of their donation. Until then, like most foundations, 1890 will rely on direct, targeted solicitation of large donations, i.e. big hitters. We have our share.

Last edited:
I agree. I saw that in 2022 the total football revenue had fallen out of the top 25. NU has a long way to go to be relevant and we are trending down. If we can get some wins maybe our revenue will be up and we can change this momentum.
The University’s football revenue has nothing to do with the 1890 Foundation’s donations, so it doesn’t seem to make sense to correlate the two. But reduced revenue IS an issue for the program and the athletic department that should be rectified by more winning…

The University’s football revenue has nothing to do with the 1890 Foundation’s donations, so it doesn’t seem to make sense to correlate the two. But reduced revenue IS an issue for the program and the athletic department that should be rectified by more winning…
Certainly NU and 1890 are not supposed to be related but I meant it more from the perspective of people are not as welling to shell out money for NU anymore. Winning can change that. I assume that University gets their cut from the sale of other items like clothing. There was a day where we were a top ten revenue team. I live out of state and I used to find people wearing NU stuff at least monthly. Maybe it was an anomaly. But now I never see it. That is why I correlated the two. Because 810k is actually kind of pathetic.

Certainly NU and 1890 are not supposed to be related but I meant it more from the perspective of people are not as welling to shell out money for NU anymore. Winning can change that. I assume that University gets their cut from the sale of other items like clothing. There was a day where we were a top ten revenue team. I live out of state and I used to find people wearing NU stuff at least monthly. Maybe it was an anomaly. But now I never see it. That is why I correlated the two. Because 810k is actually kind of pathetic.
Not pathetic at all if you know anything about fundraising.

Actually, $810k is a pretty good haul for a one-off, limited time fundraising effort. That amount does not reflect the entire worth of the foundation, nor the entirety of all contributions collected prior/since. But I do get your point - winning consistently would help on all financial fronts…

Well, if you have teams like tOSU dishing out a reported $13mm to secure the most recent haul for a handful of players, we still have a ways to go.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back