• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Unofficial Buffalo Signing Day thread

Am I seeing something wrong with CU's 2024 class. 247 has them with only 6 commits and ranked 99th. I know they took a ton of young players last year, but how can they only have 6 commits? Even with transfers, it seems like a dangerous proposition.

Problem here is, not sure the direction. If you're already good enough, play on Sundays, if you want something new, maybe. If you want greater development why?
Until there's an established development of from the ground up players, why sign out of HS and if portal, to just get playing time?

Then there's little NIL, so its all Walmart approach as well.

Build it or buy it. Ne. build and Cu. buy.
Yep. 247 Rankings:
Recruits. NU 19. CU 98.
Transfers. NU 66. CU 1.
Overall. NU 23. CU 21.

Both schools end up in about the same place, but with very different approaches. I think the Huskers is a more sustainable approach, but the flip side is for 2024 CU has a lot of experience, and NU has 48 scholarship players who count as freshman.

Yep. 247 Rankings:
Recruits. NU 19. CU 98.
Transfers. NU 66. CU 1.
Overall. NU 23. CU 21.

Both schools end up in about the same place, but with very different approaches. I think the Huskers is a more sustainable approach, but the flip side is for 2024 CU has a lot of experience, and NU has 48 scholarship players who count as freshman.
And heres the thing. Who helps you team the most? Who hurts your team the most?
Who came in shining like a neon light? Who couldn't hold onto the football and was off their game on top of that?
So who had the better year in filling needs? Our team got better every week, bluffs went screechingly backwards

So who had the better year in filling needs? Our team got better every week, bluffs went screechingly backwards
Maybe we got better every week, but we did end up 0-4 against middling teams at best. And we did lose badly in week two. Don’t misunderstand me, I like where we are at, but to be fair, the jury is still out.

Maybe we got better every week, but we did end up 0-4 against middling teams at best. And we did lose badly in week two. Don’t misunderstand me, I like where we are at, but to be fair, the jury is still out.
We won, period. We were extremely one dimensional, our qb was taking a beating, eventually couldn't play, yet we were in those games as well. And we won.
Start out 3-0 off season, then finish 1-8. Same record in the PAC as the year before.

Now we have better options at the highest impact position. They started with that, it won't get better. Ours got better with our third string qb.
Unless you think we didn't and we can agree to disagree

And heres the thing. Who helps you team the most? Who hurts your team the most?
Who came in shining like a neon light? Who couldn't hold onto the football and was off their game on top of that?
It's almost like playing on pure emotion (manufactured hate and revenge) fizzled out over time. Who woulda guessed? ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back