• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UNO - Important game coming up Tuesday for the Huskers

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
After the disappointing loss Saturday to Rhode Island on the road, this is an important game coming up on Tuesday vs UNO. This game will give the Huskers a chance to show their Dominance at home in 'The Vault.'

The Game, @ 7pm cst, will be available on video from ESPN3/WatchESPN via the internet.

Link to game page on Huskers.com, with embedded Coach Miles 11/24 press conference (sorry, more info than you'll ever want to know :eek:)

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=20&SPID=24&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209781171&DB_OEM_ID=100

(here is even more information :Biggrin:)

https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/3001306.pdf?

Omaha comes to town with a 2-1 record and are coming off their biggest win since moving to Division I, a 97-89 win at Marquette on Saturday. UNO has been impressive offensively,averaging 90.3 points per game while shooting 45 percent from the field and 38 percent from 3-point range.

UNO is coached by Derrin Hansen, who is in his 10th season at the school and has guided the program from the Division II ranks. UNO is in its final year of transition and will be eligible for the NCAA Tournament and NIT beginning next season. The Mavericks downed Central Arkansas (100-75) in their home opener before falling at Seattle (74-98) to start this current three-game road trip.

This year, Omaha returned four starters, including senior guard CJ Carter, who averages 21.3 points per game, while Mike Rostampour is averaging 10.0 points and 9.3 rebounds per game. Devin Patterson has been solid running the point, averaging 17.3 points and 6.0 assists per contest. UNO has outrebounded opponents by 10.0 boards per game and averages 16.0 offensive rebounds per game.

Nebraska is one of several high-profile opponents on the non-conference slate, including games at Kansas State and Marquette before opening Summit League action.

UNO - Starters (2014/15 stats)

No. Name ****** Yr. Ht. Wt. G/GS PPG RPG Other
3 Devin Patterson (G) Jr. 5-11 160 3/3 17.3 6.0 6.0 apg
10 CJ Carter (G) Sr. 6-1 180 3/3 21.3 3.3 4.6 apg
23 Marcus Tyus (G) Jr. 6-1 175 3/3 6.0 4.0 2.0 apg
15 Tre’Shawn Thurman (F) Fr. 6-7 220 3/2 9.7 5.7 1.0 bpg
5 Mike Rostampour (F) Sr. 6-8 240 3/3 10.0 9.3 1.0 spg

http://board.huskerhoopscentral.com...-day-essentials-game-4-vs-nebraska-omaha-r461
Players to Watch:

Tre'Shawn Thurman - The 6'7" Thurman was touted as one of the better prospects coming out of Nebraska last year and wasn't offered by the Huskers. I'd expect at least a glance over at Miles after a made basket.

CJ Carter - The former Benson Bunny was named to the All Summit team and represents the biggest 3 pt shooting threat on a team of shooting threats. The Huskers will probably sag into the lane quite a bit to take away penetration and the opportunity will be there for Carter to hurt Nebraska from deep.

UNO's offense is High-tempo, but their defense has been lackluster.

Look for the Huskers to try to slow down the game, rather than get sucked into playing at UNO's pace and chucking up a number of quick shots instead of being patient on offense (like the 3, But LOVE the rim). Huskers defensive play should make the difference in the game.

:gobigred:

Update11/25: Petteway still questionable; probably a game-time decision whether he plays.

Last edited:

How fun would it be if we lose this game to UNO...... Well, that would almost complete a crappy week, the turd on top of the crap pie would be if we also lost to Iowa Friday morning.... Somebody make me stop, I can't seem to help myself with all this negativity..... AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! :banghead:

We aren't losing to UNO at home, regardless of whether Petteway plays. Marquette is not very good, and a lot of folks are forgetting that UNO lost by a bunch to Seattle. Huskers are struggling, but I think they will beat UNO handily at home. Looking forward to taking it in.

UNO vs UNL

CivilWar.jpg

Good Win Huskers: 80 - 67 :woohoo:

Great comeback after being down 7 - 23 early.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back