• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UNL vs BYU - Friday, 4-15-22 - 2:05 pm & 5:30 pm DH!! Hawks Field - Games #2 & #3

on the outside!
1-1
going for his 1st save!

in dirt
2-1 count

hit rt side; just foul!!
Sardina had it come off
his glove!!

2-2 count

Whole family here….just checked in…

Two one run games….

Tough.

Shay pitches his Heinie off and the team let’s him down

Relief gives up a lead or a tie.

The boys just get close…but can’t get over a hump.

That kind of season….

I do think our pitching is steadily if slowly improving.

And maybe we need to practice a squeeze bunt with a runner on 3rd and one down because our ability to Sac fly or even hit it wiht contact seems really bad right now

Well I just got back from the games. Brutal day. Freezing cold and not much to cheer about. I’m 0-2 in person so far.

Team is just plain bad. Terrible fielding again cost us both games. If you look at our starting pitching this series you’d think we’d be 3-0, but the fielding and bats are terrible.

Not sure if this team has more than 5 wins left in them, and only that much if the starting pitches keeps doing what it has.

Last edited:

Not sure if this team has more than 5 wins left in them, and only that much if the starting pitches keeps doing what it has.
More then that I think but still depressing….

They just can’t get over the hump…..

So many one run games….so many!

Lets hope they split the series tomorrow…..at some point we have to wake up hitting wise.

Well I just got back from the games. Brutal day. Freezing cold and not much to cheer about. I’m 0-2 in person so far.

Team is just plain bad. Terrible fielding again cost us both games. If you look at our starting pitching this series you’d think we’d be 3-0, but the fielding and bats are terrible.

Fortunately, Nebraska has some bad Big Ten teams left on their schedule.

Michigan State, Indiana, and especially Minnesota are horrible (3 of the 4 worst in the standings -- along with the Ohio State team Nebraska handled). There's 9 games, and might be able to get at least 5 wins there.

Regardless, we'll have a losing record this season. We have 19 games remaining -- but would need to go 14-5 to have a winning record this season -- that won't happen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back