• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UNL @KST - 3-9-22 - 4:02 p.m. - Tointon Family Stadium in Manhattan, Kan.

I looked at K states record and they have played very decent competition.

What is your assessment of Kansas State?

are we playing badly….step back from last week?

I have a problem believing Kansas State is any better than somewhere between mediocre and bad.

They've finished between 6th and 9th in the Big 12 (there's only 9 teams) every year since 2014.

This was another bad loss for Nebraska. Only to follow that up with the basketball team's disaster.

Sigh -- just another day of disappointment for our men's teams.

I looked at K states record and they have played very decent competition.

What is your assessment of Kansas State?

are we playing badly….step back from last week?
K State has not had a good baseball team since 2013, that was their last Tourney appearance..

Good grief, the men stink in just about all sports. Trev has his work cut out for him.
Do you realize my friend that the baseball team won the Big 10 Title last year …and it was undisputed. And they were literally 5 outs from a super regional playing the #1 team in the country at the time.

Performance this year has not impressed…so far….but baseball is a very weird sport subject to streaks and changes in a team.

I’m sorry but the “men stink in all sports” thingy is just a bit harsh.
I have a problem believing Kansas State is any better than somewhere between mediocre and bad.
Ha my friend….that kind of logic sets you up as clearly an Orioles fan:)

i just looked at who they have played THIS year…and I didn’t say…good…I said decent….

But I agree it’s not a good look right now.

Hopefully they will turn it around.

Do you realize my friend that the baseball team won the Big 10 Title last year …and it was undisputed. And they were literally 5 outs from a super regional playing the #1 team in the country at the time.

Performance this year has not impressed…so far….but baseball is a very weird sport subject to streaks and changes in a team.

I’m sorry but the “men stink in all sports” thingy is just a bit harsh.

Ha my friend….that kind of logic sets you up as clearly an Orioles fan:)

i just looked at who they have played THIS year…and I didn’t say…good…I said decent….

But I agree it’s not a good look right now.

Hopefully they will turn it around.

The mens' teams do all currently stink. That's not discounting the accomplishments of the 2021 baseball team.

Phillies fan!

Last edited:

I just looked at this year so far for K state and it looked like they had played a fairly decent schedule up to this point….

and we gave them their 4th win.. yeah, I noticed they played teams that are typically good, I have not checked to see if they are this year.

I did see that Cal State (has been good in the past) its 3-9. CSU Backersfield, took 2 from this KSU team, otherwise they have nothing to show for at 5-8. Played zone close in the first game..

and we gave them their 4th win.. yeah, I noticed they played teams that are typically good, I have not checked to see if they are this year.

I did see that Cal State (has been good in the past) its 3-9. CSU Backersfield, took 2 from this KSU team, otherwise they have nothing to show for at 5-8. Played zone close in the first game..

Even the Arizona loss really wasn't as close as the final score of 8-6. That was an 8-1 game going into the bottom of the 8th -- so most likely, Zona was using pitchers deep on their bench. Otherwise, they were blown out by Michigan and Auburn.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back