• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

It's Wednesday and I'm Shakin!

Huge fan of Mr white...Genius

I would love to hate Jack White. I read and watch interviews and he comes off as super pretentious and kind of douche-y. But, like the guy or not, he always puts out great music and is constantly pushing himself and reinventing himself. I agree with the genius label.

I discovered the pixies last year. Spotify puts together a Playlist of user's most played songs of the year. River euphrates was my most played song last year, and I think every song off of surfer rosa made the list lol.

That weirds me out... "I discovered the Pixies" ...

Damn, man ... to me, that's like saying "I discovered Elvis."

Honestly, I assumed basically everyone between 15 and 55 at least had some familiarity with The Pixies. But maybe it's more like 35 to 55. I will say, however, that's one of the very few bands that actually gained in popularity after they released their final album (well, from their initial run in the 80s/early-90s).

:thumbsup: It seems like most people gravitate to Doolittle. It's a great album but, like you, I'm a Surfer Rosa/Come On Pilgrim guy. I also have a soft spot for Trompe Le Monde.

We've discussed this before ... but so Seth can share in our discussion ... I used to love cranking the hell out of Subbacultcha.

Honestly, I assumed basically everyone between 15 and 55 at least had some familiarity with The Pixies. But maybe it's more like 35 to 55. I will say, however, that's one of the very few bands that actually gained in popularity after they released their final album (well, from their initial run in the 80s/early-90s).
lol, this will drive you nuts. I knew them as "that band who had the song at the end of fight club" before last year.

My contribution for the day ... while this is now an "old" Black Angels tune, it's definitely a goodie .. and they are (finally) releasing a new album next week! I've heard a couple of tunes from the new release. I actually just need to go see 'em play live again.

I was always a fan of Flyleaf because of Lacey Sturm's voice and now also like her solo work(yes, I know both are very Christian).

I really enjoyed this song. Ok, time for me to hide in this thread, and avoid the cafe :)

They're kind of a Velvet Underground type band. They never have or never will be huge but they have a steady, perpetual popularity and their influence is gigantic (get it?:Banana:). IMO, when it comes to "indie" rock, there's before Pixies and after Pixies.

Last edited:

I am honestly jealous of your variety of musical taste. For most of my life I have stayed pretty tight with my range of music but I have been trying lately to expand my musical scope. Lately I have been liking The Kills and have only recently discovered them despite the fact they have been around for quite a while.

Love The Kills. I got into them 5 or so years ago. I went to Lollapalooza in 2008 and The Kills were there. Good show.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back