• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

heard this earlier today, and thought it was awesome..... I am pretty certain he is right. I couldn't find the actual version I have, only this one...... UGH.... They nailed it in the studio, probably live, live too.

jaganjacfan
1 month ago
this was slowed down or something, it doesn't sound right...

Going to Saturnalia today through the weekend. Best value festival in Austin. Cost me $30 for three days of music! Temperatures in the 70s today and tomorrow -- perfect for listening to live music outdoors!

46076583_505114963332649_4840142948173611008_o.jpg

Here's a band on my list for 6PM:

9PM: Holy Wave. A great start to my psychedelic weekend!

Last edited:

One of my favorite songs back in HS.

The Lion Sleeps Tonight
"The Lion Sleeps Tonight" is a song written and recorded originally by Solomon Linda with the Evening Birds for the South African Gallo Record Company in 1939, under the title "Mbube". Composed in Zulu, it was adapted and covered internationally by many 1950s and '60s pop and folk revival artists, including the Weavers, Jimmy Dorsey, Yma Sumac, Miriam Makeba and the Kingston Trio.

Last edited:

Sadler was the perfect man to supply the song: he himself was a member of the Green Berets, the Army's elite Special Forces unit, and a wounded Vietnam veteran who wanted to pay tribute to his comrades in arms.

The Ballad of the Green Berets” was co-written and sang by Staff Sgt. Barry Sadler. He penned the track when he was recovering from a major injury he suffered from the war. He was 25 years old back then. He was given the chance to perform the song on The Ed Sullivan Show. And eventually, The song became a monster hit, selling more than two-million copies in its first five weeks of release.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back