• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

Los Lobos is about to get the party started. Robert Plant and The Sensational Spaceshifters are the main act. Should be Awesome. I hate posting on my cheapo .

One of the elite tunes from the 60s, that holds up extremely well today, IMO.

Watch the video, and you'll see the band making fun of the fact they had to lip sync! :Biggrin:

The lead is Alex Chilton -- who was only 16 at the time!

Chilton and his next band (Big Star) became cult classics in the music world. He passed away in 2010 -- 3 days prior to an anticipated Big Star performance at SXSW.

https://www.nola.com/music/index.ssf/2010/04/post_7.html

Last edited:

Watch the video, and you'll see the band making fun of the fact they had to lip sync! :Biggrin:

Chilton and his next band (Big Star) became cult classics in the music world. He passed away in 2010 -- 3 days prior to an anticipated Big Star performance at SXSW.

That's Awesome. I loved that song as a kid, and I still do. Music. I have a guitar in my hands right now, well, okay, my keyboard, however, I'm straddling my Tele.

The only problem I had with tonight's show, is, that they didn't play Stairway To Heaven...... how am I to get in now? Seems I missed my ride..... :eek::Biggrin:;)

My Nephew who is the lead singer in a local Dallas band called Blackout knew Vinnie Paul. In fact was picked by Vinnie to play at one of his birthday bashes a few years back.

Anyway I thought this was a great song. Kind of reminds me and my brother (RIP) as kids...:)

RIP Vinnie....

NSFW

Last edited:

:thumbsup:I went on a little bit of a Big Star kick for a while a few years back. Here's a slick song by the other creative force in the band.

Family is heading to Houston with a church trip. They'll be staying in Texarkana tomorrow night. Strangely, this was played on XM Spectrum channel on my way home from work today. I had never heard it before.

Rank and File was a band I discovered in the mid-80's that featured the Kinman brothers and Alejandro Escovedo in one of his earliest bands. These guys were unique in the music they made because it was what I can best call cow-punk. All three of their albums have been re-released on CD and you can find them. Hey @joestrummer have you heard these guys?

Rank and File was a band I discovered in the mid-80's that featured the Kinman brothers and Alejandro Escovedo in one of his earliest bands. These guys were unique in the music they made because it was what I can best call cow-punk. All three of their albums have been re-released on CD and you can find them. Hey @joestrummer have you heard these guys?

I had not heard of them. Good stuff!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back