• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

Going to a show soon. Not sure who posted this guy, a year or so back on here, but some one posted a video of his, and I absolutely dig this guy's music. Looking forward to the show.....

IMO, he has the most natural sense of harmony of any rock/blues guitarist today. He comes up with so many cool, unpredictable ideas. I've read interviews where he talks about approaching the guitar like a jazz horn player, and it makes a lot of sense. A lot of his guitar lines sound like something Coltrane or Cannonball Adderly would play on the horn.

Edit: I meant melody rather than harmony but they both apply.

Last edited:
IMO, he has the most natural sense of harmony of any rock/blues guitarist today. He comes up with so many cool, unpredictable ideas. I've read interviews where he talks about approaching the guitar like a jazz horn player, and it makes a lot of sense. A lot of his guitar lines sound like something Coltrane or Cannonball Adderly would play on the horn.
They played here about a year and a half or so ago, and I just couldn't get that night off work. I've seen Trucks live at least 3 times, and yeah, he's an amazing musician. Tedeschi Trucks band just hast to come back around. I've gotta see them live.

Last edited:

I'm a big U2 fan and am a bigger fan of their older music...still like the newer stuff, but the % of good to so-so is not as high. Favorite from War is actually the one tucked in between Bloody Sunday and New Years Day.

I think that this is my all time fave from U2. Great freakin' tune.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back