• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

UCLA basketball players arrested in China for shoplifting

From the article:

The two teams are in China to play in the 2017 Pac-12 China Game Friday at 11:30 p.m. on ESPN. The game is part of Pac-12 Global, which is to promote goodwill for the Conference and its member institutions through sport.

I'm guessing this isn't what the PAC-12 had in mind. I know it's not North Korea, but someone should have told them the Otto Warmbier story before getting on the plane. It's one thing to be stupid at home, but a whole 'nother level of stupid to do something like that abroad.

From the article:

I'm guessing this isn't what the PAC-12 had in mind. I know it's not North Korea, but someone should have told them the Otto Warmbier story before getting on the plane. It's one thing to be stupid at home, but a whole 'nother level of stupid to do something like that abroad.

I was thinking the same thing.

LaVar Ball's son is one of the players?

:Banana:

But according to him, it is no big deal.

LaVar Ball said Wednesday his son LiAngelo's arrest on shoplifting charges in China "ain't that big a deal," although the elder Ball also said he's lacking "intel" about the situation.

Last edited:

LaVar Ball said Wednesday his son LiAngelo's arrest on shoplifting charges in China "ain't that big a deal," although the elder Ball also said he's lacking "intel".

Let me just stop you right there....

Seriously, Bomani Jones was hilarious on this yesterday. 3 black dudes taller than 6'5" should already know they'll have a tough time walking around a US Dollar Tree without getting watched, but a Louis Vuitton store in China? Is there a more conspicuous place for them to try this? I'd wager not many.

LaVar Ball said Wednesday his son LiAngelo's arrest on shoplifting charges in China "ain't that big a deal," although the elder Ball also said he's lacking "intel" about the situation.

I wouldn't expect anything else from that idiot. The guy is nothing but but a loud mouthed used car salesman, although a pretty good one. He somehow duped the NBA, specifically the Lakers into believing that his Son was good enough to be the number 2 pick in the draft. Newsflash, he's not even the best rookie on the Lakers right now......

Last edited:

I wouldn't expect anything else from that idiot. The guy is nothing but but a loud mouthed used car salesman, although a pretty good one. He somehow duped the NBA, specifically the Lakers into believing that he was good enough to be the number 2 pick in the draft. Newsflash, he's not even the best rookie on the Lakers right now......

You're thinking of the son. He's actually a pretty respectful kid. His dad is the loudmouth. He also might be a promotional genius along the same vein as Billy Mayes (RIP). Lol

Give them 30 to 60 days in the pokey.

A demonstration to all Americans to show respect when a visitor.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back