• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Trev got who he wanted

Deleted. No point arguing with people this easily sold things. But I do have a bridge to sell you.
You: Deleted, no point in arguing.

Also you: Another dig to continue to argument.

Misery loves company, I'm not joining you so please look elsewhere.

It was really directed at one tiny angry old man. The type a guy that goes on a message board and flexes about his athletic prowess 50 years ago.
il_794xN.3879808155_iq9q.jpg

It sounds like McElroy had some good insights to the process.

The vibe I got from Rhule's NFL Network interview is that he was ready to take the year off and let his son finish high school, and that is probably part of the reason he initially turned down the job. I think his family making it evident that they approved of him taking this job, and the universities leadership doing all the right things in the process, ultimately flipped him.

When McElroy talks about the 2 schools he'd take no matter what, I would assume one is Penn State, but I don't know what the other would be (back to Baylor?).

Rhule definitely wasn't a bottom of the barrel pick up. I think this was one of the top coaches they wanted, if not the top one.

It sounds like McElroy had some good insights to the process.

The vibe I got from Rhule's NFL Network interview is that he was ready to take the year off and let his son finish high school, and that is probably part of the reason he initially turned down the job. I think his family making it evident that they approved of him taking this job, and the universities leadership doing all the right things in the process, ultimately flipped him.

When McElroy talks about the 2 schools he'd take no matter what, I would assume one is Penn State, but I don't know what the other would be (back to Baylor?).

Rhule definitely wasn't a bottom of the barrel pick up. I think this was one of the top coaches they wanted, if not the top one.
Admiral Carter said Rhule was the top choice the whole way. They got who they wanted.

Yeah, but they sure wouldn't say anything else. Saying something like "our number one choice said no, but we're sure glad to have had Matt as a fallback plan" wouldn't be a good look;)
Based on his presser he seems like he would be Trev’s first choice. Integrity was the first word Trev used to describe his ideal coach. Second was program builder.

Like your turd, (hey man this guy build programs.) So does your turd stink more than mine or does yours stink less. only time we’ll tell
How about this, if Rhule comes in and has success, will you stop posting altogether? Or will you still complain that Urban Meyer isn't our coach? Or maybe you can remind us that you were state champ back in '78. Is that you Uncle Rico??

How about this, if Rhule comes in and has success, will you stop posting altogether? Or will you still complain that Urban Meyer isn't our coach? Or maybe you can remind us that you were state champ back in '78. Is that you Uncle Rico??
This isn’t really fair unless the rest of us agree to stop posting all together if he is right.

Great comparison probably closer to the truth than you know. just because I see this hire different than you you keep making personal attacks. Is it because your not sure about the hire or just insecure , I think the later as that’s what littles guys do because they don’t have an answer that makes any sense. You and I have more in common than differences. So just admit it’s ok for someone to voice there opinion and such opinion can be different than yours. The record book is not subjective like everybody’s opinion of the university’s hire. Hey by the way I looked it up Mr Rhule the program builder has 5 draft picks during his 7 years. Sounds like a recruiting juggernaut.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back