• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Travel Squad To Pasadena Capped at 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
I'm with Matt on this....talk about shooting yourself in the foot....

Matt Davison ‏<s>@</s>Matt_Davison No idea why the <s>#</s>B1G limits travel squad in non-con to just 70 players. Why handicap your own conference? I haven't heard a good explanation

An attempt to help even the playing field for lower revenue programs?

Likely something like this.

Remember the gas conservation days in Nebraska (was it late 70's)? State patrolmen gave tickets for "wasting finite resources."

Maybe this is the B10's attempt at "going green?"

Last edited:

Likely something like this.

Remember the gas conservation days in Nebraska (was it late 70's)? State patrolmen gave tickets for "wasting finite resources."

Maybe this is the B10's attempt at "going green?"
life-discovery-channel-series.jpg

Hey, look at the bright side. Without a lot of backups, there is a built in excuse to run up the score.

...and this year
http://en.allexperts.com/q/College-Football-2792/2011/7/big-10-football-travel.htm

Some conferences have a 72-man limit on travel rosters such as the ACC. The Big Ten Conference effective this year, in 2011- the travel squad will be capped at 70 players.
The limit to travel squad memebers is done on a conference by conference basis the vast majority limit travel squads from 60-70 squadmembers and many limit the number of dressed home game squad members. NCAA Admin. NCAA By-law Rule 17.11 governs the size. D-1A Squads are imited to 105 squad size amd D-1AA is limited to 90. As far as travel only 56 squad members can travel the D-1AA level (63 for D-III).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back