• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Transfers, late pick ups (i.e. Portal Watch 2023)

Does anyone else get sort of a sense of maybe a tide change? o_O

There is probably an even chance of signing Zags transfer Hunter Sallis; an as yet unknown chance of 2025 Koa Peat (Husker ties), But we are in the mix even this early. We (finally) got our International BIG man (Dutchman Mast) in the portal; as well as coveted Guard (Brice Williams).
Then, seemingly out-of-the-blue, we get a Commitment from 2024 Wisconsin's Nick Janowski.

Who's Next? We made Portal PG Javian McCollum's cut (we're in his top three!); 2023 Forward Brady Dunlap? Transfer Latrell Wrightsell, Jr? Transfer Josiah Allick? Someone who hasn't surfaced yet?

Significant strides were made this last season by Fred Hoiberg and his coaching staff, not the least of which being coaching/player adjustments to overcome the loss of two starters after season-ending injuries; finally achieving a winning season (that virtually no one gave us any chance of doing at the Beginning of the Season). Not only that, they were an 'Exciting' team to watch!

Upcoming 2023/24 season will be critical to keeping up the momentum.

Last edited:

Does anyone else get sort of a sense of maybe a tide change? o_O

There is probably an even chance of signing Zags transfer Hunter Sallis; an as yet unknown chance of 2025 Koa Peat (Husker ties), But we are in the mix even this early. We (finally) got our International BIG man (Dutchman Mast) in the portal; as well as coveted Guard (Brice Williams).
Then, seemingly out-of-the-blue, we get a Commitment from 2024 Wisconsin's Nick Janowski.

Who's Next? We made Portal PG Javian McCollum's cut (we're in his top three!); 2023 Forward Brady Dunlap? Transfer Latrell Wrightsell, Jr? Transfer Josiah Allick? Someone who hasn't surfaced yet?

Significant strides were made this last season by Fred Hoiberg and his coaching staff, not the least of which being coaching/player adjustments to overcome the loss of two starters after season-ending injuries; finally achieving a winning season (that virtually no one gave us any chance of doing at the Beginning of the Season). Not only that, they were an 'Exciting' team to watch!

Upcoming 2023/24 season will be critical to keeping up the momentum.
What if Nebraska closed out this transfer window by picking up Sallis, Wrightsell (Alabama), and Allick? When was the last time we had that many Nebraska kids on scholarship? 2002?

Last edited by a moderator:

With Ahron Ulis signing, we have two open scholarships left. Hopefully we get Josiah Allick (Sr, who has one year left to play) to come aboard (edit :thumbsup: ), and we have yet to hear from Brady Dunlap > St John's), who'd be an incoming freshman.

Last edited:
One Scholarship left!

Parker was right-on regarding both Allick & Dunlap. :thumbsup:

Don't know where else to talk about this, but I am having a hard time believing that Hunter Dickinson is transferring to Kansas... I was going to say that's good for every other Big Ten team, but if Zach Edey goes pro (and why wouldn't he) then maybe it's actually bad. Why isn't Dickinson going pro?

Kind of mind numbing, like if Ahman Green decided to transfer after his sophomore year.

1683230853476.png

Here's an explanation what this actually means (that I found elsewhere).

"
On3's Team Transfer Portal Index utilizes the On3 (P)erformance score to measure a team’s production during the transfer process, compared relative against its roster and not a comparison against other schools. This proprietary algorithm determines if a school has improved its overall team talent, stayed the same, or declined in talent during the transfer window.

It doesn't mean we have the second best transfer class, it means we have the second most improvement via the portal. We replaced low-rated players with higher-rated ones. "

Has there been any talk of any new walk-on additions for next year? I kind of expected Brennon Clemmons from North Star to walk-on and follow in his dad's footsteps but looks like he committed to Butler CC about a week ago.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back