• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tournament Brackets

Agree this draw is the best we could have hoped for. Only 6 B1G teams— the fewest in many years, but all will be dangerous. With the portal NU’s great recruiting classes are less important than many of us thought. Texas brought in 6 from the portal (and had 5 leave that way), and Wisconsin reloaded after graduating their three all Americans. (Bringing in 5 scholarships next year and losing only 4 to graduations, we won’t go to the portal unless some of our folks do.)

The portal and NIL have changed the landscape of college athletics and it remains to be seen which coaches and programs will adapt successfully year over year. But I digress. Was not at all expecting the weekend we had, very disappointed. I hope we can make it out of Lincoln. Round one I think we are ok, but the KU/Miami winner will require our A game. I am hopeful we play better, but gosh I just don't know what to expect from this team now. Cook's teams usually get stronger this time of year. We were not that on Friday and Saturday. Did we ever hear what kept Hames off of the court on Saturday? Was it the ball to the head she endured on Friday? We sure do need her and Saturday without her and Kenzie in the back row, well, we saw how that played out. I am keeping the faith and Go Big Red.

D1 Volleyball tournament bracket:

Our game is to be played on Thursday, at 7:00 Crntral Time.
Scroll down to the 2nd bracket. We are on the top of the right side.

Oops, I see this is already posted. Sorry. :)

Last edited:
D1 Volleyball tournament bracket:

Our game is to be played on Thursday, at 7:00 Crntral Time.
Scroll down to the 2nd bracket. We are on the top of the right side.

Oops, I see this is already posted. Sorry. :)
Does anyone know if its televised or just the radio broadcast? I assume most of the games in the future are televised on ESPN+ but haven't confirmed yet.

The portal and NIL have changed the landscape of college athletics and it remains to be seen which coaches and programs will adapt successfully year over year. But I digress. Was not at all expecting the weekend we had, very disappointed. I hope we can make it out of Lincoln. Round one I think we are ok, but the KU/Miami winner will require our A game. I am hopeful we play better, but gosh I just don't know what to expect from this team now. Cook's teams usually get stronger this time of year. We were not that on Friday and Saturday. Did we ever hear what kept Hames off of the court on Saturday? Was it the ball to the head she endured on Friday? We sure do need her and Saturday without her and Kenzie in the back row, well, we saw how that played out. I am keeping the faith and Go Big Red.
It was the shot to the head. Definitely need her back asap.

N has the talent to beat Oregon and then Louisville/Baylor winner. The issues I've seen all year are careless errors and a lack of polish (read discipline). A final four berth is not out of the question but will take exceptional teamwork. Interesting that all the 1-4 seeds, except Creighton sadly, in each bracket are still playing. Says a lot about the quality of D1 volleyball.

Looks like we play at 10 AM CT on Thursday...gotta be due to ESPN schedule - wow

It is ESPNU. But 10 AM on a Thursday means many of us will be at work and not able to watch the game. I'd rather have had the whip-around coverage again and available on ESPN+.

On the positive side, 10 AM for Nebraska players is equal to 8 AM for the Oregon players (body clock time zone).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back