• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tour De France

CO4NU

All Big 10
10 Year Member
Anyone else here watching The Tour?

I have for years, and love it.

The strength and endurance these riders display I believe to be unmatched in any other sport.

Most physically demnading event on earth imo.

Tadej Pogacar is a beast. Truly all of them are.

Incredible.

Amazing stage 11 today.

Pogacar cracked with about 8km to go today. Pure climb.

Vingegaard is a beast also. This Tour is going to EPIC from here to the end!!!!

The battle is on!!!!!

I have a hard time watching without someone to root for. It was fun to follow back when Lance Armstrong was dominating (albeit we later found out with assistance). Definitely a grueling sport and much respect for those competitors.

The strength and endurance these riders display I believe to be unmatched in any other sport.

Incredible.

I used to watch it faithfully going all the way back to Bernard Hunault last win in 85 I believe it was. I guess I just lost interest in it after Armstrong's demise and I also have less time to watch it during the summer now that I am not a school teacher.

I am a little turned off by the witch hunt way they went after Armstrong. It is so hypocritical. Pro Cycling is the dirtiest sport in the world. It has been for a long time before Armstrong and is still dirty today. I personally believe all the top riders are doing some sort of doping.

My theory on Armstrong is that they, as in the pro cycling governing body, were pissed that he came back after retiring for a couple of years. They don't like that. They don't want someone to dominate too long. So that is why they went after him. If he would have stayed retired all would have been fine.

He made a huge mistake not coming clean and denying for so long but that is another story.

That is my :Sign2cents:

Been watching since 81 faithfully. Can watch it live on USA. Next two days are delayed until 2 due to British Open. Should be an epic ride today Podacar had no help for the last climb and a half yesterday, ran out of fuel and bonked. Expect him to be very aggressive today. Still only 23!!

I used to watch it faithfully going all the way back to Bernard Hunault last win in 85 I believe it was. I guess I just lost interest in it after Armstrong's demise and I also have less time to watch it during the summer now that I am not a school teacher.

I am a little turned off by the witch hunt way they went after Armstrong. It is so hypocritical. Pro Cycling is the dirtiest sport in the world. It has been for a long time before Armstrong and is still dirty today. I personally believe all the top riders are doing some sort of doping.

My theory on Armstrong is that they, as in the pro cycling governing body, were pissed that he came back after retiring for a couple of years. They don't like that. They don't want someone to dominate too long. So that is why they went after him. If he would have stayed retired all would have been fine.

He made a huge mistake not coming clean and denying for so long but that is another story.

That is my :Sign2cents:

I was disappointed to learn Armstrong was doping, but when looking at the big picture, he just out-cheated a bunch of cheaters.

Last edited:
Been watching since 81 faithfully. Can watch it live on USA. Next two days are delayed until 2 due to British Open. Should be an epic ride today Podacar had no help for the last climb and a half yesterday, ran out of fuel and bonked. Expect him to be very aggressive today. Still only 23!!

I've been watching on Peacock, with Nicolas Roche as the color commentator. REALLY amazing info on the how and why's of the race.

Pogacar is a BEAST. and you right, just 23.....amazing.

Vingeggar was equally as amazing yesterday. Can't wait to tune in here in a while! Another savage day today.

Alpe d'Huez today. Soul crushing climb.

Incredible.
I do, but when NBC sports went away and USA picked it up it's not the same. the telecast starts about half way through the race. And now the British open is on USA. So i won't pick it up until next Tuesday. One thing that NBC sports did was to rerun in the evening. But now that USA has it that is not happening. I won't buy the streaming service (Peacock) to watch it. The Mrs. just informed me that the tour is DVR'd. so I guess I can watch it tonight after all.

Last edited:

I have a hard time watching without someone to root for. It was fun to follow back when Lance Armstrong was dominating (albeit we later found out with assistance). Definitely a grueling sport and much respect for those competitors.
There are a couple of Americans doing well in it this year. One was in the top ten. not sure if he still is though.

Incredible.
Not really. Kinda like soccer.... mostly boring. Though tough sport ...

I only like individual bicycle race. I believe last round.

I believe to be unmatched in any other sport ... nope, motocross racers​

Last edited:

Incredible.
used to watch it when i was younger and my family owned bicycle shops, gotten out of it since my 30s. i catch highlights everyonce in awhile. need to get back on the bicycle.......

i agree on the physical demand, its by far the best exercise anyone can get.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back