• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Touchdown at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone tipped Urban off that the second half spread was OSU -4.5 and he wanted to help fools like me who had picked Oregon for the game but changed their mind and made new bets at halftime :)

I agree that it should have probably been the backups in there at that point to close it out. Oregon basically waved the flag with 8 minutes to go when they punted it down 15 on a 4th and 8. Either way, have no major problem with them running the ball but don't think it should have been with Zeke

I think a lot of people were chasing their initial wagers... just glad I hit some nice prop bets to balance out my 6 pt teaser on Oregon and the Under

So my wife's cousins are all duck fans and today they are whining about how classless it was for OSU to punch it in at the end. I responded with how classless it was to chant "no means no" at the end of the FSU game. What say you Husker nation? Was it classless or if they don't like it then stop them from running straight up the gut?:popcorn:

Classless by tosu.

Classy by Oregon.

TWO very different issues.

SWB

Down by 15. They just give the ball back to Oregon?? No way..granted OSU had shut down the Ducks but as OSU, you are just a few plays away from having the game tied up,or outright losing the game. Ducks score, kick the extra point or go for 2. Onside kick, get ball back....score again and either kick extra point to tie or go for 2 to win. The only thing I would have done different if I were OSU is kick the field goal instead of going for the TD. Insuring a 3 possession difference in the score.

As I was watching it play out last night, I thought to myself, "If Meyer were classy, he'd have them take a knee right before crossing the goal line." But then it dawned on me that Meyer isn't that classy and it probably wouldn't even enter his mind. So, I wasn't surprised when they punched it in.

How fast has Oregon scored this year? With 1:37 left or something close to that and 2 timeouts left? Taking a knee where 2 scores could beat you? NO.
SCORE if you can!

The only thing I would have done different if I were OSU is kick the field goal instead of going for the TD. Insuring a 3 possession difference in the score.

Kick a FG on second and goal from the one? Alllllllllllrighty then, coach.

Last edited:

There was 30 seconds left and they had a first down---Classless

He ran it in on 2nd and goal... Oregon had 2 timeouts still... they stop him they call timeout and stop them again, timeout... force a FG attempt....potentially block that and run it back.... Oregon has a chance to onside kick with about 20 seconds left...

sounds crazy but you do not leave any doubt... you score...no mercy in National Title games...

How fast has Oregon scored this year? With 1:37 left or something close to that and 2 timeouts left? Taking a knee where 2 scores could beat you? NO.
SCORE if you can!

And then go for the onside kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back