• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked tOSU--yes, it has the best rated class

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedEd

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
per rivals in the B 10, but NU's is very comparable. tosu's is bigger is all and star average is lower, in case anyone cares It is pretty balanced but, interestingly, it has no RB's, it appears.

Interestingly, OU's has only 2 scholly commits from Oklahoma, 1 from Kansas, one from Sioux Falls, S.D., and the rest from TX, which is not a surprise. The guy from S.D. is a 6'9" OL at 319, no 40 time that I found, at least. I wonder if NU offered the kid, whose name is Derek Farniok.

If we did offer, that is disturbing as I think NU's objectives are to get everyone they want in the states around Nebraska.

GBR

Last edited:

I don't think NU offered farniok. He was an early commit to OU as well so that might have eliminated him from NUs board early. His brother was a schollie frosh at Iowa State this year. Just because players are from the region doesn't mean they should move up in priority if NU has others rated above them. Had NU only been able to pull 2 or 3 OL's this year then an argument could be made. As it is, I think NU got most it's top OL targets... It's arguably the top OL class in the nation.

I don't think NU offered farniok. He was an early commit to OU as well so that might have eliminated him from NUs board early. His brother was a schollie frosh at Iowa State this year. Just because players are from the region doesn't mean they should move up in priority if NU has others rated above them. Had NU only been able to pull 2 or 3 OL's this year then an argument could be made. As it is, I think NU got most it's top OL targets... It's arguably the top OL class in the nation.

He was getting a lot of attention from Big 10 schools (Minny, Wisky, and Sparty), but apparently when OU came callin he had to pull the trigger - being able to play in the same conference as his brother apparently had some draw. Also while he is a rather large fella (6'9'' 320), I really don't know if that fit into our direction we're going with Offensive Linesmen. To me it appears we are going more for the lineman who perhaps isn't quite as physically imposing but is rather quick and athletic. Derek will make a solid OT at OU I presume, but my guess is our staff just didn't think he fit into our philosophy (although that may be a little muddled right now ;)). And like everyone else has said, we pretty much got every OL recruit we were targeting minus Hobbi perhaps?

Last edited:

The guy from S.D. is a 6'9" OL at 319, no 40 time that I found, at least. I wonder if NU offered the kid, whose name is Derek Farniok.

If we did offer, that is disturbing as I think NU's objectives are to get everyone they want in the states around Nebraska.

GBR

What are they feeding that kid? How big's he going to get when he fills out? He may not move real well but he will fill a space. Only worry may be that he will unintentionally knock down his own QBs passes when he stands up.

He was getting a lot of attention from Big 10 schools (Minny, Wisky, and Sparty), but apparently when OU came callin he had to pull the trigger - being able to play in the same conference as his brother apparently had some draw. Also while he is a rather large fella (6'9'' 320), I really don't know if that fit into our direction we're going with Offensive Linesmen. To me it appears we are going more for the lineman who perhaps isn't quite as physically imposing but is rather quick and athletic. Derek will make a solid OT at OU I presume, but my guess is our staff just didn't think he fit into our philosophy (although that may be a little muddled right now ;)). And like everyone else has said, we pretty much got every OL recruit we were targeting minus Hobbi perhaps?

Sterup is a pretty big kid, too, though.

Sterup is a pretty big kid, too, though.

Very true and honestly I kinda flew right over his name when I was looking at our commits over the last 2 years, but Rivals does have Sterup listed at 6'8" 260 lbs which is quite a different build as a hs senior compared with Farniok. Also OU really seems to like pursuing guys of that size ie Phil Loadholt to anchor their line. Good luck to the young man as it would be great to see another SoDak kid do well at the next level.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back