• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Top247 Update: Multiple Targets + Banderas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornToBeRed

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Here is the link to the FREE story.

Quotes:

Su’a Cravens – S, Murrieta (Calif.) Vista Murrieta
Move: From 20 to 9, earning a fifth star
Quote: “Once we got a chance to look at Su’a Cravens’ complete junior year footage, the move to five-star really became an easy decision. There may not be a player in the country in this class that can affect the game in the multitude of ways that Cravens does. The kid is everywhere.†- Barton Simmons

Josh Banderas – ILB, Lincoln (Neb.) Southeast
Move: From unranked to 141
Quote: “There are plenty of tough linebackers out there that will hit you. That’s easy to find. What is rare, is the kid that will hit you but is still natural in coverage, can turn his hips and can play in space. That’s what sets Banderas apart to me.†- Barton Simmons

Chase Abbington – S, Saint Peters (Mo.) Ft. Zumwalt South
Move: From unranked to 198
Quote: “Abbington has all the physical tools to be a big-time safety. With a frame that is similar to the late Sean Taylor, the 6-foot-3, 190-pound Abbington plays the game at a different speed than everyone else on the field. He’s been clocked as fast as 4.4.†- Steve Wiltfong

Cravens is a stud....will be visiting Nebraska with his coach (unofficial) next month when the coach comes to Nebraska for the Nebraska Coaches Clinic....also a close friend of Corey Whitaker....all according to John Tallman on USC this week....

Banderas is one of the top recruits in-state in the last decade...will be a great pickup for teh Huskers...:)

Cravens is a stud....will be visiting Nebraska with his coach (unofficial) next month when the coach comes to Nebraska for the Nebraska Coaches Clinic....also a close friend of Corey Whitaker....all according to John Tallman on USC this week....

Banderas is one of the top recruits in-state in the last decade...will be a great pickup for teh Huskers...:)
Do we have any sort of a legitimate chance with Cravens?

Yes I think so....but it will be a tough pull.....this kid is going to have every big school in the country after him.....

The fact we got in on him early and it appears our coaches have built a real good relationship with his coach from the Whitaker recruitment gives us a chance...and the fact the coach is bringing him along next month to the Nebraska football clinic helps us get our foot in the door just a bit more...

The fact that Marrietta is not in or near LA helps us a bit too.....but expect USC and UCLA to go hard after him...

Do we have any sort of a legitimate chance with Cravens?

Yes I think so....but it will be a tough pull.....this kid is going to have every big school in the country after him.....

The fact we got in on him early and it appears our coaches have built a real good relationship with his coach from the Whitaker recruitment gives us a chance...and the fact the coach is bringing him along next month to the Nebraska football clinic helps us get our foot in the door just a bit more...

The fact that Marrietta is not in or near LA helps us a bit too.....but expect USC and UCLA to go hard after him...

Never underestimate the importance of getting in good with a players coach. Most people think of mom and/or dad but a kids HS coach has his ear for sure. Cravens will be tough. USC, Washington, Oregon, UCLA and then the big boys from out-of-area like Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, etc. will push hard for this kid. Like I said earlier, he is the best safety I have evaluated so far...

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I will say this, it sure sounds like we have made inroads (via legacy relationships or plain hard work) with a lot of really good prospects, i.e. Rivals top 100/250 players, early in the "recruiting season."

Would be nice to get an early start on our secondary this year. We need quite a few young guys to come in and be prepared to contribute!

Reading about Cravens sends chills down my spine!!! Must get IMAO!!!

We've touched on it in a couple of places throughout the forum, but Cravens will be an uphill battle the entire way. That isn't to say it cannot be done, but the coaches will be putting in some serious time with him. That said, we just made the cut to five for a certain high-profile 4* so the coaches are doing well so far. Cravens' recruitment will definitely be one to keep an eye on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back