• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top 3 coaches leading in NU search 9/20/22

i don’t think we need to be worried too much about ceilings right now. let’s just let a guy build a solid floor, then go from there

Meyer it is!

3-4 years. Solid foundation and a program humming along. Hand off the baton. IE: Oklahoma. Riley to Venables.

I’d throw in Fleck.
Me too
1664068681849.png

I always like when coaches are heavily involved in local charity work. PJ and his wife are doing some special stuff up there.

C
The company I work for is based in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. The owner’s are huge UM boosters and also heavily involved in the community, they love Fleck and his family.

Last edited:

Make your best case for any of them leaving for Nebraska?

Is it only about the money? Maybe it's only me, but whether I make $3M or $5M, $5M or $8M, I can bet set for life after couple of years. For me, the primary draw would be the setting and various intangibles.

I grew up in Lincoln. I visit family occasionally, but would never return there to live. I find both the city and the university to be uninteresting.

A bit off topic but...they had the chance to make the Haymarket truly interesting and inviting had they followed through with innovative architecture (PBA). Instead, it is filled with a bunch of nondescript buildings that lack any character or interest.

Last edited:

I can't. Money, New facility, and fans. Thats all I have....
And conference. We have five potential candidates who otherwise are coaching in the new Big 12 — Aranda, Kleiman, Leipold, Campbell and Fickell. And maybe a couple now coaching in the ACC. They have relative success and relative job safety where they are. And possibly a good B1G or SEC team wanting them in the near future. Nebraska can offer money, conference, fan base and history of an iconic brand. I can’t begin to guess how each of them weighs that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back