• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Top 10 List of Entertaining Coaches Who Should NEVER Coach at Nebraska

Urban Meyer
Woody Hayes
Woody Widenhofer
Woody Harrelson
You forgot one.
71Qe3qN33iL._SY879_.jpg

Bobby Petrino
Bert / Bret Bielema
Houston Nutt
(Really, I don't have anything against Arkansas, just a coincidence)

Warren Powers
Jim Leavitt
Bill Callahan
Pete Carroll
I agree that I wouldn't want any of them coaching at Nebraska, but do you think that these guys are entertaining? Bobby Petrino always make me feel like I need a shower and bug spray. Pete Carroll can be funny.

I'd have no problem with any on the list except Corso, he couldn't coach.

Can't really speak to his coaching skills, but he is very entertaining, and he likes the Huskers. I still remember reading about an NU student approaching him prior to a Gameday broadcast in Lincoln and asking him if he would like to come to their house (frat house, I think) after the game and ride their mechanical bull. Lee said, "If the Huskers win, I'll do it". They won, and he went there and rode the bull.

I would definitely let Mike Leach coach at Nebraska if we didn't have an option like Frost. He's one of a kind lol
Agreed. If not for Frost, Leach would be the ideal coach IMO. He’s a national treasure.
There was that time he did the weather report in Lubbock...
1y8say.gif

Mike Leach is one of my all-time favorite coaches, and, yes, he is an excellent coach. He's probably the most entertaining guy on my list, too. I still wouldn't want him to coach at Nebraska though. He's an Air Raid guy, top to bottom and through-and-through, and that offense will not work in the Upper Midwest in late November and December.

All of the above is why I ranked him #10. I'd rather have him as a coach than any of the rest.

I'd have no problem with any on the list except Corso, he couldn't coach.
Can't really speak to his coaching skills, but he is very entertaining,and he likes the Huskers. I still remember reading about an NU student approaching him prior to a Gameday broadcast in Lincoln and asking him if he would like to come to their house (frat house, I think) after the game and ride their mechanical bull. Lee said, "If the Huskers win, I'll do it". They won, and he went there and rode the bull.

I agree that he's the poorest coach on the list, which is why I ranked him #1. He is entertaining though.

As for entertaining, I would put Spurrier and Leach in a class all their own, and then start ranking any others as belonging to a lower tier. They actually are good coaches, but they are in a sepaate class because their press conferences are witty, disarming, and honest as the day is long. They are both smart too.

So for entertianing, they are the tops. I'm not at all sure I would oppose Leach coaching at NU -- I don't think Spurrier should leave the South, however. He'd be a fish out of water in Lincoln.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back