• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tony Butler - transferring

BigRedOhio

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Tony never really got things going here. He played some, but not enough to make much of a dent. When he signed with Nebraska, I was skeptical as Ohio State really was not looking at him. If OSU isn't looking at you in that geographic location, the player typically is not a difference maker.

Best wishes to him as he seemed like a good kid that stayed out of trouble.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...0a1d07d8-9218-58c0-b762-f34f9ba48435.amp.htmll

Last edited:

:Facepalm: Like being at a funeral home asking about the insurance check
Sorry I do not see it that way. I tweeted the young man and wished him good luck. This is a fan forum and asking that in a thread like this Is not inappropriate. BTW in the similar thread on the recruiting Forum someone answered it without being asked. Is that also inappropriate oh prophet of piety?

I don't think we're there yet, one more to go to hit 85 (I think). Others have the number memorized but I'm pretty sure we aren't there yet.

We'll get there for sure and then some.

Sorry I do not see it that way. I tweeted the young man and wished him good luck. This is a fan forum and asking that in a thread like this Is not inappropriate. BTW in the similar thread on the recruiting Forum someone answered it without being asked. Is that also inappropriate oh prophet of piety?

Agree. Sounds like Butler really had his academics together. Believe he was already in graduate school this year, so maybe even has a master's soon and can go work on another one while getting more playing time.

Probably a win-win. He's gotten his degree and maybe a good part of a grad degree, and now gets to go somewhere where he can play more.

Tony never really got things going here. He played some, but not enough to make much of a dent. When he signed with Nebraska, I was skeptical as Ohio State really was not looking at him. If OSU isn't looking at you in that geographic location, the player typically is not a difference maker.

Best wishes to him as he seemed like a good kid that stayed out of trouble.

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...0a1d07d8-9218-58c0-b762-f34f9ba48435.amp.htmll
He’s one that I knew was going, now we have one or two more up in the air still but they may just take it thru spring. Three more is the magic number I believe. We will have far more than that.

He’s one that I knew was going, now we have one or two more up in the air still but they may just take it thru spring. Three more is the magic number I believe. We will have far more than that.

More upper class kids who're sliding down the depth chart due to the incoming class I presume?

I wonder if anyone "Maid" the "Butler" leave?

Good luck Tony!

Last edited:
More upper class kids who're sliding down the depth chart due to the incoming class I presume?
Maybe 1-2 more of those but with some coaching changes I think some may stick it out thru spring and see where the dust settles. Butler and one other were two I was expecting but, but the “one other” is still here.

Maybe 1-2 more of those but with some coaching changes I think some may stick it out thru spring and see where the dust settles. Butler and one other were two I was expecting but, but the “one other” is still here.
What you're surprised AM hasn't entered the transfer portal yet? :Catfight::Biggrin::Sarcasm:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back