• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tom Rathman retires

Consultant role?

I was wondering this as well. Long time NFL experience from Grand Island seems like a perfect fit. An NFL player gets that lifetime pension after 3 or 4 years and I would assume a position coach would as well so he is probably fine with money

Man I loved watching him play. Both at NU and with the Niners. He and Craig with the "Huskers" in their facemasks playing in SF with Jamie Williams. Good ole number 26, stud. I still remember his pictures in the game day mags wearing his 26 and standing with the cattle and doing the Husker Beef Council ads.

On a sidenote there was mention of Andra Franklin, the Mackovickas, Schlesinger and Jano amongst FB. But what about Mark Schellen?

On a second sidenote it is a travesty Roger Craig is not in the NFL HOF.

We need help at NU Tom. Come on home!

Man I loved watching him play. Both at NU and with the Niners. He and Craig with the "Huskers" in their facemasks playing in SF with Jamie Williams. Good ole number 26, stud. I still remember his pictures in the game day mags wearing his 26 and standing with the cattle and doing the Husker Beef Council ads.

On a sidenote there was mention of Andra Franklin, the Mackovickas, Schlesinger and Jano amongst FB. But what about Mark Schellen?

I love this post. Damn you, nostalgia.

That is an understatement. :thumbsup:

We will be back. We got spoiled by 5 years of unparalleled greatness.

TO warned us back then, several times. I wish I could find one of his quotes from way back when. Something like.. "you guys should really appreciate these times, because someday it might not be like this." And I believe that was 4 the 90's super success. Sure enough, he was correct. Again.

Schellen was strong and fast. It's been a minute, but I thought he ran a 4.51 40 back in the day. That's smoking' for a FB.

Schellen was strong and fast. It's been a minute, but I thought he ran a 4.51 40 back in the day. That's smoking' for a FB.

I was just reminded of Bryan Carpenter.. I believe he had the fastest 10 yard dash time at the time. I'm sorry to get off topic! Just had to state that b4 i forget. I be gettin' old!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back