• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Titans, Vikings suspend in-person activities after multiple Titans players, personnel test positive for COVID-19

nems

He Who Shall Not Be Named
20 Year Member

NFL's first encounter with a COVID outbreak. Will be interesting to see what unfolds this week. It sure seems like the BIG is going to have some games not happen once we start playing.

Going to get a little bit messy.

Yep, we play the Steelers this weekend and supposedly all team activities are cancelled until at least Thursday. Not looking good right now and if the Titans can't play I would assume that Pittsburg picks up a forfeit win. I did hear some rumors of the game being postponed until Tuesday. Unchartered territory right now and my guess is it's going to be chaos in the B1G.

Last edited:
Yeah...if Covid really rears its ugly head with the colder weather that comes with October, like they say the colder weather will do, the picture by Oct. 24th could be a mess. We have to wait til almost the end of that month no less. Such a trial this waiting is. They remarked on the news last night that hospital beds are getting more filled up.

Yeah...if Covid really rears its ugly head with the colder weather that comes with October, like they say the colder weather will do, the picture by Oct. 24th could be a mess. We have to wait til almost the end of that month no less. Such a trial this waiting is. They remarked on the news last night that hospital beds are getting more filled up.
I can't prove anything but I would be very surprised to see the Huskers play more than a few games and I believe the conference had no desire to move forward with the plan they ultimately came up with-they bowed to public pressure and they are not happy about it. The B1G waited long enough and made protocols stingy enough that an entire season of football will be nearly impossible. They temporarily get the country off their back while at the same time have their bases covered for numerous cancellations. I'm not holding my breath on a 10/24 start or any season at all. Just remember, under the B1G protocols there are teams playing today that could not play if they were in our conference.

This is depressing and also total BS when you look at the stats for people in the age group of college age and even NFL age.

Experts don’t have exact information yet about the outcome of every infection. However the overall COVID-19 recovery rate is currently between 97% and 99.75% for the general population. It's about 99.99% on people 16 to 24. These cancelations and in some cases 21 day quarantines are a total farce. :mad:
Majority of positives are asymptomatic meaning the person doesn't even know they have it. It's a hell of thing to have a virus that's so deadly for young people that a test is needed to even know they have it!!!

The NFL is a business that must protect itself.

Anyone who follows the sport knows how extremely strict the NFL is now in regards to concussions and all of the steps that must be taken before a player is allowed to return to playing. Oftentimes they'll miss a game or two when 10 years ago they wouldn't have missed any. it's all about lawsuits. And they have to approach Covid the same way -- for better or worse. The NFL is forced to overreact to protect the business.

By the way -- this really is a disaster for those of us who are avid fantasy football players. Not that it ultimately matters in the real world, of course. But it sucks.

Last edited:

NFL's first encounter with a COVID outbreak. Will be interesting to see what unfolds this week. It sure seems like the BIG is going to have some games not happen once we start playing.

Going to get a little bit messy.

I kinda need Dalvin Cook to play this weekend for Fantasy Football purposes......:)

This is depressing and also total BS when you look at the stats for people in the age group of college age and even NFL age.

Majority of positives are asymptomatic meaning the person doesn't even know they have it. It's a hell of thing to have a virus that's so deadly for young people that a test is needed to even know they have it!!!

While I agree it must also be taken into account the amount of people on the support staff like coaches, trainers, etc...that are more advanced in age.

C

In the grand scheme of things, the NFL has done amazing. Baseball had way more issues when they started. This shouldn’t be unexpected. But I just don’t see how the BIG pulls off a complete season. I guess maybe it just won’t matter? As long as teams get 6 or 7 games in?

I’m really curious what happens with the Titans and Steelers, as that game looks to be in serious jeopardy.

In the grand scheme of things, the NFL has done amazing. Baseball had way more issues when they started. This shouldn’t be unexpected. But I just don’t see how the BIG pulls off a complete season. I guess maybe it just won’t matter? As long as teams get 6 or 7 games in?

I’m really curious what happens with the Titans and Steelers, as that game looks to be in serious jeopardy.
Dang that would have been a great game too. But hey you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Last edited:

2 active roster and 1 practice squad player tested positive. Zero from the Vikings.

Its not about the actual threat, but how you respond to it. Its sad at how so many choose to sow fear.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back