• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Titans-Ravens

CrabHusker

S&C Coordinator-Sponsored by DBol
10 Year Member
I have to say, I've really enjoyed watching Tennessee beat the snot our of Baltimore for three quarters.

Hopefully they can close this out.

Unbelievable.

I was out tonight, so I didn't see anything until getting home and checking the score, highlights, and stories.

Again, more proof the NFL is the best sport in America.

Every season there's a team or two that comes out of nowhere to surprise. Who in the heck would have ever imagined Ryan Tannehill in the AFC Championship? Heck, he wasn't good enough for the stinking Miami Dolphins! Early this season, Mariota was benched in favor of Tannehill -- and it freaking worked! Mike Vrabel is a coaching genius. And Derrick Henry had been mostly ineffective for most of his first three seasons. He turned it on late last season, and this season you could argue that he's the best running back in the game (he was the leader in total yards, yards per carry, and rushing touchdowns during the regular season -- and he's somehow turned it up another notch in the playoffs -- dominating!).

In the past 13 seasons, there's been 10 different Super Bowl Champions. If the Titans, Chiefs, 49ers, or Texans win it this season, 11 of 14 (that means, 4 of the 6 remaining teams have not won a Super Bowl in the past 14+ years). You don't see anything like that in college football -- it's pretty much the best team in the SEC or Clemson with a shot just about all the darn time anymore (in fact, in that same span of 14 years, that's been the case 12 times with two exceptions -- Florida State in 2013 and Ohio State in 2014 -- and not like either of those were surprising at the time).

Last edited:

That’s a bit overstated, but understood from folks distant from Titans ... played behind DeMarco Murray as a rookie & then split time last two seasons with Murray & Deion Lewis & that was as much a coaching decision.

Two keys to his current success: 1. Eddie George gave him some stern advice last season before he went off in last four games of 2018; and 2. New OC, Arthur Smith, who is not afraid to keep running the damn ball. ;)

Last edited:
It was a rough night for Jackson, with 3 turnovers. But he was also about the only offense the Ravens could muster in the 2nd half.

Prevailing theory: The Brothers Harbaugh can’t close?

It's hard to root against the Titans. Vrabel looks like a coach guys want to play for. Great defensive gameplan and execution. In a man's league, Derrick Henry is just a little more manly. Tannehill made the plays when he needed to. It was a fun game to watch.

That’s a bit overstated, but understood from folks distant from Titans ... played behind DeMarco Murray as a rookie & then split time last two seasons with Murray & Deion Lewis & that was as much a coaching decision.

Two keys to his current success: 1. Eddie George gave him some stern advice last season before he went off in last four games of 2018; and 2. New OC, Arthur Smith, who is not afraid to keep running the damn ball. ;)

There was definitely some mismanaging of Tennessee that hindered Henry's opportunities early in his career. Running backs like Henry need to carry the ball 18+ times per game. Those big, bruising backs like him will build up momentum and wear down defenses given the opportunity. Prior to the surge last season, he was typically getting 6-10 carries in a game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back