• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tip O' The Cap To Creighton

As a Husker fan I hope they crash and burn....why would we want a homegrown prospect to even consider going to Creighton....never will understand this love for other Nebraska schools.....good thing Huskers arent in Texas.....man cant imagine the love all those other schools would be getting here....

As a Husker fan I hope they crash and burn....why would we want a homegrown prospect to even consider going to Creighton....never will understand this love for other Nebraska schools.....good thing Huskers arent in Texas.....man cant imagine the love all those other schools would be getting here....

+1

Poster child for those who take college sports WAAAAAAAAY to serious. Congrats!

Why people dont have state pride is beyond me....the state isnt big enough to root against other schools...If Creighton is getting players that the Huskers want, then someone in Lincoln isnt doing their job right...

Why people dont have state pride is beyond me....the state isnt big enough to root against other schools...If Creighton is getting players that the Huskers want, then someone in Lincoln isnt doing their job right...

That literally makes no sense. Some of the greatest rivalries are in state. Dude-north Carolina, Alabama-auburn... I could go on and on.

That literally makes no sense. Some of the greatest rivalries are in state. Dude-north Carolina, Alabama-auburn... I could go on and on.

Those schools are essentially equals, when it comes to athletic department size (money) exposure, and something else... Oh yeah, conference rivals. You really think people in Alabama hate UAB? Or people in North Carolina hate Charlotte? I'm sure you'll find the fringe that despise anything other than their school, but I'd be shocked if all UNC fans get up in arms when someone praises Charlotte 49ers athletics.

As a Husker fan I hope they crash and burn....why would we want a homegrown prospect to even consider going to Creighton....never will understand this love for other Nebraska schools.....good thing Huskers arent in Texas.....man cant imagine the love all those other schools would be getting here....​

I've never understood this mentality toward Creighton. It'd be one thing if Creighton had a D-I football team that was stealing players for DONU. But they don't. Many Nebraska/Omaha kids go on to play sports at Creighton. So just because these kids choose Blue instead of Red, we hope they "crash and burn"???

Besides, to quote Christian Peter (and numerous others), to be the best you must beat the best. It would only do this state wonders if both Creighton and Nebraska were nationally relavent in basketball and baseball.

Could you imagine the baseball teams meeting in Omaha? Nebraska baseball fans still talk about stomping Creighton in the 2005 regional.

Or how about the basketball teams meeting in the Sweet 16? Wouldn't that be something?

The "crash and burn" mentality is a losers mentality. It comes from sucking at a sport for so long, you hope that everyone else sucks too (the "I'm not okay, you're not okay" theory).

A champions mentality is to take on the best and beat them, not to hope everyone else sucks so you can beat them.

BRC and Speedy, I don't agree with your losers mentality, but I do understand it.

We both know that Creighton and Nebraska have almost nothing in common athletically..they really have no effect on each other so why not cheer on the locals instead of hate? .....complete different conference and level of play.....do you hate UNO, UNK, Chadron too?

I don't HATE any of those teams......I just don't want them to be able to 'compete' for the same athletes that may consider NEBRASKA ....I do realize that those are few and far between but if it is more than ZERO it is too many.

In basketball Agau is an example - Creighton should never be a consideration - but it is....why would I cheer that decision?

Being from Wisconsin and an avid Marquette fan - there is no way I want Wisconsin to be successful IN ANYTHING....I want Wisconsin kids to ONLY consider Marquette as the logical choice for their talents. And yes Marquette is predominantly a basketball school only - so why should it make any difference if a kid goes to Wisconsin to play football - well here is why - success matters - the media covers success - good press affects a kid's perception of a place ......

So in turn, Creighton's success in baseball - affects the media - and obviously even the people on a HUSKER bulletin board - if there is a kid out there who can play baseball I don't want him to consider Creighton as a potential home....EVER .... And by extension in my mind what is good for Creighton baseball is bad for Nebraska baseball

Now maybe there aren't kids on the Creighton baseball team that would have been 'good' enough to be recruited by Nebraska......I don't know

You have 34,678 posts and we are the ones who take college sports too serious?

haha...touche'! That said in the end it's just a game...one team being good shouldn't have an effect on the success/failure of the other.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back