• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Time for Eichorst to show some leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt this has been a hard fought season. I applaud the AD's policy of not evaluating coaches during the season. It would seem there would be a way for Eichorst to publicly affirm Bo and the staff without violating his policy. Frankly, I agree with Sipple's assessment that changing direction now would just be wrong. Sure, there have been some lows, but I see a young squad with a lot of injuries getting better. It's time to end the instability, back the coaches and lock up a good recruiting class.

Agree... Bo's win at Penn State should have calmed most of the haters down by now. I've been as critical as anyone about the program under Pelini, but you can't argue that this team continues to fight its way back. Any time you win at Michigan and Penn State within three weeks, you've got a pretty gutsy team. The team and coaches earned some respect from me this weekend

Last edited:

No doubt this has been a hard fought season. I applaud the AD's policy of not evaluating coaches during the season. It would seem there would be a way for Eichorst to publicly affirm Bo and the staff without violating his policy. Frankly, I agree with Sipple's assessment that changing direction now would just be wrong. Sure, there have been some lows, but I see a young squad with a lot of injuries getting better. It's time to end the instability, back the coaches and lock up a good recruiting class.

Personally I think silence is golden, (as opposed to yellow :) ) at this point. The administration apparently thinks there would be more harm than good that would result from public affirmation at this point. They are charged with managing the retention and termination of coaches in the athletic department with the best interests of the various programs in mind. Unless they mess up badly, it seems wise to trust them with that decision.

Bo seems to think Shawn is supportive if that is a concern. He can communicate that to the recruits if he deems that necessary.

He's not going to run Bo off, why not just make it official now? Anyone that doesn't think it effects recruiting is mistaken. The leadership he needs to show should be decisive and immediate. Why wait? What does the University or the AD gain? Most importantly, what does the football team lose?

Pure speculation on my part, but if the Huskers get blown out in the two remaining games the administration may have a coaching decision to make. Silence protects both Eichort's credibility and his integrity. That, I think, protects the stability of the program.

He's not going to run Bo off, why not just make it official now? Anyone that doesn't think it effects recruiting is mistaken. The leadership he needs to show should be decisive and immediate. Why wait? What does the University or the AD gain? Most importantly, what does the football team lose?

Because in the future the AD will be expected to make a statement of support in every single sport after every single game if the coach is even remotely on the hot seat with anyone, or it will be a sign of no support. This was TO's policy and the approach of almost every decent AD across the country for that reason.

Any recruit who has this as a concern at this point should be talking to his high school coach, who will almost certainly tell him to see what happens after the Iowa game. Recruits that are being pressured to commit by other schools prior that point of time, may indeed decide against Nebraska. But that's just how it is.

After six years Osborne's teams had ended the year in the top ten six times, and had played in three major bowl games. Remind me....how often have Pelini's teams done either of those things?

You sound like you are a bigger fan of Bo than you are of the program.

There were about 25 good football programs then...now there are about 50-60

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back