• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thursday Tourney Thread (3-27-14)

I hear you and while not rooting for the Big 10 teams, its nice to see the conference do well. The "best" conference might be done tomorrow night.

Dayton is a great story and they are really good.

I hear you and while not rooting for the Big 10 teams, its nice to see the conference do well. The "best" conference might be done tomorrow night.

Dayton is a great story and they are really good.

Definitely something about the Miller coaching genes.

At this point, the Big Ten and SEC are the two conference with three teams remaining. And yes, the Big 12 is holding on by a thread with Iowa State (the only Big 12 team I don't mind seeing win).

I probably shouldn't have backed off on my predictions for the Big Ten teams. Multiple times on here, I hyped MSU and Wisconsin as two teams that most times seem to do quite well come tourney time -- and then I went ahead and gave up on them when I filled out my bracket (maybe more picking with my heart than head).

SDSU leads Arizona by 4 (32 -28) at the Half. Another close game that may go to the wire.

I have Arizona to win it all, so my bracket will be in the balance the next 30 minutes.

You're looking good so far Doc, Florida 72, UCLA 63 with 1:35 left.

(sorry Doc, for some reason I had Florida in my mind - but Arizona did win in the end after trailing a lot during the game)

Last edited:

# 1 Seed Arizona also wins: 70 - 64 over SDSU in a close game all the way.

(4 of 4 picks - Smart Darts ;))

That Nick Johnson is one heck of a player!! He kept his head up and did what he could! The last 4 minutes, he scores all of his points? What was it? 14 or 16 points. Amazing fortitude. He made it possible for Az to finally tie it up then pull away. Whew!

Now, we have the Miller Brothers in the Elite 8, coaching Arizona and Dayton! Has that ever happened, ever, and this late in March Madness??

Great nite. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back