• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thoughts on Terry Wilson

I sure miss a QB that can run like that......he does 5 yards to Tanners 1.

Me too. Scott kinda likes the QB's who can run as well, and he was certainly one of them. Milton had 497 rushing yards this season at UCF - #2 rusher on the team. Pretty sure Scott wants a guy like that to take the helm at Nebraska, he just has to find/develop the right guy. Wilson has three years of eligibility left, and you can see lots of raw talent, so we shall see. NU has also offered on another QB - Adrian Martinez out of California: https://hailvarsity.com/s/2875/new-nebraska-qb-coach-makes-first-offer-of-the-frost-era

It's exciting, man, to see the pieces that the staff wants to move the sticks next year. Not sure what it says about the existing QB's - but I'm sure they'll get a chance to show what they have.

Like Adrian Martinez better. Ranked as the #7 Dual Threat QB by 24/7 sports. He seems exited about the Husker offer.

My thoughts on Terry Wilson might be a little controversial.

Frost and Co have been throwing out offers like candy. Yet, Wilson hasn't gotten one yet. Hmmm . . .

Frost also told Wilson he wouldn't take him at UCF. Another hmmm . . .

I suspect that Frost remembers very well that Wilson left his teammates at Oregon to go to juco. How does that fit in with all of his talk about unity?

I also suspect that on his visit, Frost will have a very serious heart-to-heart talk with him to determine if he is N. Really, really N. If not, no offer. I would put the odds right now at about 50/50.

I hope he gets the offer and commits. That would be very good news all around. But if he doesn't, it will be for the right reasons and I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frost and Co have been throwing out offers like candy. Yet, Wilson hasn't gotten one yet. Hmmm . . .

I suspect that Frost remembers very well that Wilson left his teammates at Oregon to go to juco. How does that fit in with all of his talk about unity?

I also suspect that on his visit, Frost will have a very serious heart-to-heart talk with him to determine if he is N. Really, really N. If not, no offer. I would put the odds right now at about 50/50.

I hope he gets the offer and commits. That would be very good news all around. But if he doesn't, it will be for the right reasnons and I wish him well wherever he ends up.

And all of that is a great reason to have him on campus by himself.

Good points.

He visits tomorrow. We'll see what comes of it. That QB has to FIT like a glove or no cigar. ;)

I hope he gets the offer and commits. That would be very good news all around. But if he doesn't, it will be for the right reasons and I wish him well wherever he ends up.
An offer isn't on the table because Terry Wilson has possibly demonstrated a pattern which "may" indicate the type of person and/or competitor, or lackthereof, he is to the team.

05/05/2015 - Wilson commits to Nebraska.
05/22/2015 - O'Brien commits to Nebraska.
09/06/2015 - Wilson de-commits; rumored to de-commit 10 days after POB commits.
09/07/2015 - Wilson commits to Oregon.
10/09/2015 - Herbert commits to Oregon.
2016 Season - Herbert starts at Oregon in Game 6 and doesn't relinquish the spot.
04/13/2017 - Wilson transfers from Oregon.

The "word" is that he wants the keys to the bus handed to him. If he doesn't win the starting job does he become a distraction and is it a wasted scholarship.

Last edited:

The other issue is perhaps SF is concerned about O'Brien and Gebbia's willingness to stay. I would think both would fit the new offense; however, even losing one leaves you with only one QB.

I don't hold the non-offer at UCF against TW; Milton has a two more years (he won't be leaving early), and at UCF Frost would probably have wanted to bring a true Freshman with five to play four rather than a three for three who would have a very low probability of winning the starting job.

Last edited:

Great post I agree.

I would bet if Martinez is in, Wilson won't get offered

Sounds about right. Wilson’s junior college coach is very high on him, though. Kids do develop, kids do grow up. I’m sure that’s why Scott wants to put his eyeballs on him. There must be something to be evaluated, I doubt Scott would spend the time if he did not feel there is something to look at.

Last edited:

Two things....

1. Tanner should go pro. He'll either lose his job or possibly get hurt. Not worth the risk and I think he'd go in the 5th round.

2. Why do I think of the "Office Linebacker" when I hear this name??

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back